additional camera + video transmitter?

Reaction score
Say I attached a whole 3rd-party self-contained fpv camera and video transmitter to a solo, to be used in addition to the gopro/sololink. Nothing fancy, zero interaction between the solo systems and the add-on system.

What operating frequency (if any) would be least likely to interfere with sololink? 5.8Ghz? Or does it matter at all since digital signal transmission uses techniques to make sure that different systems keep out of each others' hair?

Yeah 5.8GHz is really your safest option. Nothing at 900MHz will carry video bandwidth well enough, and best to stay out of 2.4 (given thats where sololink is)

900MHz works just fine and was what people used for long range FPV back in the day. The quality isn't quite as good as 5.8 but it's still perfectly usable.

I'd recommend 5.8GHz. Smaller antenna and lots of (quality) options on the market. I've had great luck with Fatshark Tx/Rx equipment on other multirotor and fixed wing platforms. As already mentioned, stay away from 2.4GHz on the Solo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ya, 5.8. Use a RHCP mushroom antenna on both the transmitter and receiver and you will be in good shape.

Regards,
David R. Boulanger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks