Acro Mode - Acrobatics?

The biggest thing with Acro that makes it scary for some is the sensitivity the sticks now have to small movements. As set from the factory, there is a great deal of 'stick throw' reduced to make it easier for new pilots. After you are proficient at flying in stabilize, (meaning you can at least hover nose in to you in a stiff wind, do circles, etc.), take it up about 20' in front of you and 10-20' high on a calm day. Hit the Acro button and just try controlling altitude at first. Solo will drift some, but won't go anywhere. Now GENTLY (VERY small right stick inputs) correct for any drift. All you are doing is getting comfortable with the new stick throws. Practice that and you will gradually be moving in to forward flight.

Reactions: BladeImages
I encourage anyone who flys a multirotor to try a collective pitch heli at least once for some perspective. It will greatly improve your stick control, power management, and orientation skills. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Find some soft area with moderately tall grass for crash and burns I guess. Gonna be a while before I can do that.

The biggest thing with Acro that makes it scary for some is the sensitivity the sticks now have to small movements. As set from the factory, there is a great deal of 'stick throw' reduced to make it easier for new pilots. After you are proficient at flying in stabilize, (meaning you can at least hover nose in to you in a stiff wind, do circles, etc.), take it up about 20' in front of you and 10-20' high on a calm day. Hit the Acro button and just try controlling altitude at first. Solo will drift some, but won't go anywhere. Now GENTLY (VERY small right stick inputs) correct for any drift. All you are doing is getting comfortable with the new stick throws. Practice that and you will gradually be moving in to forward flight.
Good info. Thanks... that is exactly where I am.

I encourage anyone who flys a multirotor to try a collective pitch heli at least once for some perspective. It will greatly improve your stick control, power management, and orientation skills. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Orientation is tough when you get out of stabilize

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado