A place to learn about Tower and mp?

Reaction score
I see a few threads scattered here and there, but no specific place to read threads about Tower and mp. There's a few things like spline survey I want to know what it is. Is there a wiki or something? A video series?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I see a few threads scattered here and there, but no specific place to read threads about Tower and mp. There's a few things like spline survey I want to know what it is. Is there a wiki or something? A video series?

Want to follow this one .

Tower | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology
Also see nuggetz,Oct 15, 2015
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
He did a great tutorial on how Tower works.

I have watched this video 3 times now. It is what got me to want to know more about Tower! As good as the video is, there's much more to Tower. So I guess there's no wiki. That's a shame. Can anyone tell me what a spline waypoint and a spline survey are? Google yields no results that explain it. None that I've seen anyway

A spline waypoint is a curved waypoint. Instead of a straight line connecting point A to point B, and then point B to point C, there is a curve that goes from point A, through B and onto C, so it's smooth.

Uh, the tower support page at 3dr would be a good place to start. The tower group at diydrones. And there are literally thousands of mission planner resources out there. Try google.

I could not get the spline curve to work in Mission Planner. For some reason it only lets me do straight segments. Could it be an update that the drone requires that 3dr hasn't done yet?

I could not get the spline curve to work in Mission Planner. For some reason it only lets me do straight segments. Could it be an update that the drone requires that 3dr hasn't done yet?
No. The Solo definitely supports splines. It should look like this in MP: Copter Mission Command List | Copter

Maybe you aren't applying the spline way points correctly in MP. The link above is a good place to start.

Reactions: Maddog
No. The Solo definitely supports splines. It should look like this in MP: Copter Mission Command List | Copter

Maybe you aren't applying the spline way points correctly in MP. The link above is a good place to start.

I don't have the spline waypoint option in Mission Planner... running version 1.3.34 build 1.1.5836.10557 Is there a different version I should be using or an update available?

Attachments

• Spline Missing.JPG
    Spline Missing.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 5
I don't have the spline waypoint option in Mission Planner... running version 1.3.34 build 1.1.5836.10557 Is there a different version I should be using or an update available?
I have version 1.3.32, build 1.1.5736.30798 and it has spline waypoints. This is the version I originally installed. (Don't remember when).

I think somebody mentioned that if MP asks you to update you should say "NO", so I never have. If that's not correct, hopefully someone will point that out.

I just noticed your list below waypoint, has a number of commands I do not have- maybe I should update?:oops:

Having problems seeing the screen shot on this device, but you should definitely have splines so no need to update, but as of early February I think they are up to 1.3.35.

It was asking you to update the firmware in the bird, which you do not want to do within MP. Updating MP, no problems...
That's a super important distinction. Good catch. I was kind of confused by that because it didn't even occur to me he was referring to a firmware upgrade. Use the Solo app for all Solo firmware updates.

That's a super important distinction. Good catch. I was kind of confused by that because it didn't even occur to me he was referring to a firmware upgrade. Use the Solo app for all Solo firmware updates.
Each time I start MP, it tells me there is an update available and asks if I want to update. I've been declining.

I thought it was referring to MP as Solo hasn't been connected when doing this. I'll make sure before I let it update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl