A few questions

Reaction score
When using tower or droid planner is the altitude just based off of where you took off from or where you at in the flight? Will it always keep a consistent altitude despite hills?

Are there after market antennae to extend the range of my IRIS?

What is the max wind speed I can operate in?

Thanks gang

When using tower or droid planner is the altitude just based off of where you took off from or where you at in the flight? Will it always keep a consistent altitude despite hills?

Are there after market antennae to extend the range of my IRIS?

What is the max wind speed I can operate in?

Thanks gang
Well first of all, only use Tower. Its much more updated than droid planner.

The altitude is relative to your take off spot. It will not follow the terrain. There are parameters for "terrain hugging" in Tower, but those are for the fixed wing guys (Tower is a general purpose app that can be used to fly a lot of different kinds of drones, including the Solo or the Iris).

Yes there are after market antennae. You'll have to search around though because I don't recall any off the top of my head.

Also, if you are new to the Iris, it has a pretty strict set of failsafes built in by default. I think the geofence parameters only let you fly 300 meters horizontally and 100 meters up. You will want to extend those ranges or disable the fence completely. Search "disable Iris geofence".

Thanks I think that will help a lot. It turned around and came back after about that distance. What is its useful distance?

Thanks I think that will help a lot. It turned around and came back after about that distance. What is its useful distance?
Useful? Not sure what you mean. But I generally keep it within 1 kilometer. And if I create a mission in Tower, I keep the length of that mission to under 1 kilometer.

So that's a little over half a mile. How do I extend that range? Are there bigger antennae I can use. Does the IRIS need to be in range of the controller or can it just fly using it's GPS?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Granny