$50 cam in stock mount

Reaction score
I bought a $50 cam and hooked it up to the solo and got live feed but when I wake up today I can't remember how I did it other than basically plug and play, PLEASE HELP [emoji24]

I would almost bet that you didn't activate the camera itself so it was on running video before you powered up the Solo? When I first started running FPV on
my old X380 it was obvious I had forgotten to activate the camera before a flight since there was no video feed coming from the Tx to my receive/monitor.
With any camera besides the GoPro Hero 4 they have to be activated before doing a flight. The turn on/off functions on the smartphone screen button or the
tablet won't work either. The GoPro is interfaced through the Solo. I hate to buy a GoPro since it now costs more than what I paid for a more important item
than the Solo!

I was wondering if you had the camera's WiFi on? The in-depth "v9_02_25_16.pdf" manual gives you a lot more information on the drone. The manual
makes a point to be sure that your WiFi is turned off on the camera. Another detail on using the drone is what you are using for FPV, a tablet or cellphone.
There were problems with some cellphones with their settings listed on YouTube. You would get some results with the WiFi activated on the camera
but the WiFi RF from the camera will interfere with the drones FC. Some of the kid's hobby drones use WiFI on them but it doesn't bother their electronics
and they have very little much range. The fella that used the cheap camera on his Solo got it off of Ebay and has a YouTube demo on it with a link to the
add on Ebay. I went ahead and ordered the camera to see how good it is but haven't got it in yet. The GoPro connection jack (USB) is different from
the Mobius and GitUp cameras. I've got all 3 different cables and found that out using the cables on my X380. The Solo I suspect routes power through
the USB cable and I would have to look up the pin-out on the GoPro but I am sure that there are 3 connections, negative, positive, and video which is
usually a yellow lead but could be a white lead. The audio is fed the the video lead also since I found this out flying a Mobius and Git1 camera that sent
the signal to my 600 mw transmitter. The audio and video was superimposed on the live feed signal to my diversity 5.8 ghz monitor since I could hear
the X380's flight motors on the monitors speaker while in flight.

I wanted to stay away from using a cellphone since some of the models gave some strange results hooking up to the Solo. There is a wealth of information
concerning this problem on YouTube and ways to get around it. I have the link to Drone Worship's review on YouTube that shows him using a Samsung
cellphone with a cheap $40.00 camera, using the fixed mount on the Solo. What is interesting, another fella uploaded links for using a non-GoPro
camera with the gimbal and how it was modded. The mod could be done for under $10. Here's the YouTube video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

One of the fellas found that when using his Samsung cellphone that the video link was interrupted as soon as he tried to connect to the Solo. I don't
remember what settings that he found on the phone to disable or toggle a setting. I didn't want to use a cellphone with all of their problems associated
with the connections. Whatever you do, do not make any connections or interrupt connections on a drone while it has the battery installed! I can't tell
you how many fellas have bricked their FCs on their X380s by messing with connections hooking up, disconnecting them while the battery was in
the drone. This is the same for this one too, don't disconnect/connect the camera's USB connection while powered up.

I don't know whether you are trying to use the stock mount, gimbal, camera model nor a cellphone/tablet? I am still working on a Nexus 7 and the cheap
camera that referenced on the above link. Good luck on getting things to work and make sure you are using the most recent Solo software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44