3DR's Solo drone can update no-fly zones in real time

Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Just F.Y.I

since the update with the no-fly zones for solo. I live on the tail end of a small airport. which no problem.

the first time, I called the number to the airport , that was list in the software to let them know that I would be flying my solo for about 2 hours. I gave the lady my registration number, no problem.

the second time I called a few weeks later, same lady. (this is a very small airport, here outside of Indianapolis, Indiana) the lady told me that I did not have to call her....wow!

i am just trying to do the right thing, follow the rules, and do not get myself into any trouble with anybody.

I'd keep calling anyways so you have a record via phone log. Let her know you appreciate her taking your calls and your following basic drone aviation courtesy.

That is awesome!!! I have been doing the same here in California and have had no issues so far. And in one case I was asked to set my altitude to 100' above ground level or below and be ready to yield to aircrafts. Oh and BTW it was small airfield as well close by.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150