3dr solo Frequently required/failed calibrations

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
just wonder if anyone found out the magic trick to stop with the calibration level error
, my calibration level keeps giving me " failed, try again"
i already requested technical support to 3DR solo but no replies, called support in Australia and they ask me to do factory reset and that didn't work, i also removed the gimbal with the hope would fix the thing and it didn't work..... wondering if anyone out-there been through the same and what was the resolution to fix the problem.
i flew the thing like 4 times with no problems/ no crashes.
your help would be much appreciated.
thank you so much
v.

Vasco, do a level cal, a compass cal, and probably a sticks cal and hopefully that will keep it happy.
You might need to search this forum for the instructions on the stick cal.

Reactions: VASCO
I used to have issues with the level calibration as well. I discovered that the trick to it is that you have to perform the level calibration on perfect level ground. I usually do it in my garage where the floor is very level. Once you have it calibrated, then power the remote and Solo off once before you fly.

Another tip I've learned is to try not to power on Solo and then walk with it. Try to power on the Solo and remote at your takeoff location. A few times, I'd power it on near the building, and then pick it up and walk with it to my takeoff point, thinking it would save time in searching for GPS. But in reality the movement when your walking would sometimes cause it to have a level error and require another calibration.

Reactions: VASCO
Tom,
Not to nit pic, I've been a contractor for over 30 years, if your garage slab was poured correctly it should be pitched toward the overhead door, probably not enough to throw off your calibration, but some others might be. Your level calibration can be done indoors, a kitchen counter, kitchen table, desk, or even hard floor, these should all be perfectly level. GPS calibration has to be done outdoors. I've read that the Solo should be pointed north, but not sure if that is the case.

Reactions: VASCO and Burkeam
Tom,
Not to nit pic, I've been a contractor for over 30 years, if your garage slab was poured correctly it should be pitched toward the overhead door, probably not enough to throw off your calibration, but some others might be. Your level calibration can be done indoors, a kitchen counter, kitchen table, desk, or even hard floor, these should all be perfectly level. GPS calibration has to be done outdoors. I've read that the Solo should be pointed north, but not sure if that is the case.
My wife isn't too fond of my GPS mods as now I can do everything on the kitchen table. Level and GPS lock.

Reactions: Soul Patch Films
Tom,

I should have clarified. When I said "garage" I was referring to the shop floor at my work, which is a 15,000 sq/ft automotive shop. The floors were are poured perfectly level, sanded smooth, and epoxy covered. It doesn't get much more level then our floors. Plus, what I like is that if I do it near the large bay door (with the door open) I can actually get GPS at the same time as well.

thank you to all of you for your replies, though, i have found out my drone had faulty sensors and couldn't be repaired, got a replacement :)
thanks again

Reactions: PdxSteve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig