3dr solo drone propellers help

Reaction score
Hi! I got my drone a week ago and I tried to put my drone in the bag after the few flight. But I couldn't remove my propeller. I tried to move the propeller non clock wise but it didn't work. Can anyone help with this problem? And easy to move my propellers?

Two of them come off by turning them clockwise and the other two by turning counter-clockwise.

Yea, be careful, two sets thread on clockwise, the other two diagonally thread counterclockwise. If you get it wrong, you'll be tightening them and making them that much harder to remove.

On the front, hold the motor and turn each prop in towards the center, so a blade will come out from the side, around and into the center. Same thing for the rear.

Reactions: Maxxxx
I put a small thin open end wrench beneath the prop on the motor housing (10mm ?) to hold in place when loosening the props that are beyond hand tight.

A tighter prop is better than a loose one :)

I put a small thin open end wrench beneath the prop on the motor housing (10mm ?) to hold in place when loosening the props that are beyond hand tight.

A tighter prop is better than a loose one :)
Be careful. They should not even be hand tight and no tools are needed. I 'spin' each prop on then take just 2 fingers to be sure each is bottomed on the thread. They are not designed to be 'tightened'.

Reactions: EyeWingsuit
Why do I have Solo prop wrench? I think they come with the Solo. Anyway, assuming you still have yours, use the prop wrench to hold the motor in place and then unscrew the props. Usually not needed, but sounds like yours are super wedged in tight.

"prop wrench"? I didn't get any tools besides the screwdriver that came with the gimbal.

For the OP, if you look on the arms of the Solo by the motor pods, there are directional arrows which show which direction to TIGHTEN each prop. To unscrew, just go the opposite way. If it's stuck, hold the outside of the motor pod still firmly with your hand and unscrew the prop with pliers/vicegrip or something. Don't squeeze too tight.

Why do I have Solo prop wrench? I think they come with the Solo. Anyway, assuming you still have yours, use the prop wrench to hold the motor in place and then unscrew the props. Usually not needed, but sounds like yours are super wedged in tight.

Really?? I'll have to check my box, as far as I know, mine didn't come with a wrench.

I agree there's no need to tighten them much. With separate prop nuts, I crank then down because the prop could always slip, even self-tightening. But with the "nut" being part of the prop, there's really no way for it to slip - it can only screw on so far and then it stops.

The only time I wasn't able to get a prop off with just my hands is when it crashed and the prop broke totally off, except for the one nut which was on very tight. I never even really "tighten" them when putting them on. Just spin on until they stop. That should be enough. They're "self-tightening".

If they hit something they can tighten well beyond "finger tight," in which case a wrench can sometimes be needed to remove them.

Otherwise they should be removable with fingers.

The props loosen in the same direction that they spin in flight - you should be pushing on the trailing edge of the prop/the edge that is lower.

No prop wrench with my Solo. I do like Jublar does. I spin on the props and then push with 1 finger just to make sure they are snug.

I guess I didn't get a prop wrench packaged with the Solo. I have so many from over the years I probably just grabbed one that fits from my bench.

The Iris+ came with a prop wrench :). I haven't had to use a wrench with my Solo, which did not come with one. You should be able to grab the motor to get the prop off (just enough to get the prop to spin freely).

Hi! I got my drone a week ago and I tried to put my drone in the bag after the few flight. But I couldn't remove my propeller. I tried to move the propeller non clock wise but it didn't work. Can anyone help with this problem? And easy to move my propellers?
Use a large elastic like half a inch wide wrap around motor and hold it tight and turn props .

Reactions: EyeWingsuit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44