3DR Raises $53 Million Series D Round

Thanks for posting. I read the article and it talks about SiteScan, "the complete drone data platform," but it's not really clear if they are referring to just the software solution, or whether they will continue to produce the Solo bundle, i.e., drone/camera/software combo. If they do continue producing the Solos for commercial use, that bodes well for the continued availability of parts and maybe support.

Reactions: bavarian
I don't think that they will keep producing our beloved Solo for the general public and this new funding will just solidify them for continuing their plan for commercial use only under the Site Scan Bundle.

I don't think that they will keep producing our beloved Solo for the general public and this new funding will just solidify them for continuing their plan for commercial use only under the Site Scan Bundle.

Yea, I can't imagine them producing anything more for the consumer space, even just additional runs at Solo production. On the other hand, their Site Scan seems to be tied directly to Solo, so unless they're holding onto a good amount of stock (which is a distinct possibility), at some point, they'll need some platform to run it on.

I'm glad to hear they're still getting investment, not that it's likely to have any impact on us.

Yea, I can't imagine them producing anything more for the consumer space, even just additional runs at Solo production. On the other hand, their Site Scan seems to be tied directly to Solo, so unless they're holding onto a good amount of stock (which is a distinct possibility), at some point, they'll need some platform to run it on.

I'm glad to hear they're still getting investment, not that it's likely to have any impact on us.

I am not sure how it's a shame Rex? Aside from 3DR just taking an unfortunate change of course and not selling our beloved Solo to us anymore, other than that good for them! It keeps them around to keep supporting the consumer side of Solo like they have been graciously doing!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig