3dr please offer a alternative camera

what I feel like I am missing is there are lots of minor players in this game that are building entire platforms
that means they have captial and R&D
I am waiting for the light to come on that says, make a universal gimbal camera with add on interfaces and focus on delivering a drone camera that will work on all the other drones as well as DIY.
then you have the entire market as a customer base.. not just the piece you can arrest away from DJI
2 Axis Agrowing's Multispectral modified Sony QX1 Alpha 5000 Alpha 6000 Gimbal for 3DR Solo

Reactions: jibcamera
I'm sure they'll sell you an enterprise package that has it. It's not like it's not for sale. How much do you think they would cost individually? Surely a hell of a lot more than the $400 originally priced GP gimbal. At least double. It's a more robust gimbal and not manufactured in nearly the same large quantities that the originals were. And then people would bitch about putting a $800 gimbal on a $600 drone lol.

nah, theyre about $200 like I suggested...

WTF?? GoPro and DLSR are completely different cameras??

If you have been doing photography for "decades" I'm sure you don't need me to point out that your d60, and d20 both have much larger image sensors and lenses than the GoPro!

I already use photoshop to remove the fish eye, is there any other benefit to changing lenses?

Look, DJI have got it right with the inspire and even the phantom has quality Sony optics. If 3dr can't offer an alternative camera as much as I love the solo I'll just have to get the inspire

I have an Inspire 1 V2.0 with the Zenmuse X3 and although I love my Solos (3 soon to be 4 of them) there's no comparison when you put the Solo up against even the base model of the Inspire paired with an X3. The Inspire is like the Corvette of drones, and it is not only capable of shooting in 5.3K resolution, but it is crazy responsive and so fun to fly, not to mention a very fast drone. Also the landing gear that raises after take off to give you an unobstructed 360°, 3 axis movement, with smart shots that make you feel like you're shooting a movie is all so cool! But I digress... The 3DR Solo was the first drone I ever bought, as well as the first drone I ever flew, so I will always have a soft spot for it, but I do agree that I wish we had a camera option better suited to those of us that love high resolution amazing photography and cinematography. I've actually got a deal I'm working on right now to buy another Solo with the Sony UMC-R10C, but I'm not sure how it will perform outside of the SiteScan application, or if it can even be used for photography and cinematography in place of a GoPro. Long story short though, I do love the Solo and I am loyal to 3DR, so purchasing the commercial platform is totally worth it to me to push the boundaries of what I can do with my Solo, and I think that is the main thing that sets us Solo pilots apart from other drone owners. Our drive to constantly and ingeniously pushing the limits of what the world says a drone is capable of, or what can be modified by the end users to develop our Solos far past what 3DR ever did...

Reactions: Saijin_Naib

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44