3dr gimble showing up very "LAGGY"

Reaction score
So I've had great use out of my gimbal I'm using a gopro hero 4 silver hooked it up to my gimbal and it worked great got it out today to fly and for some reason the video feed is choppy for example if I'm looking at the Camera it may show my face for a minute but the picture isnt correct it's like watching a movie that's buffering alot it's not a clean view. Does anyone have any ideas what could be the matter? I haven't wrecked the drone I've owned different drones for 2 years and fly almost every day and haven't had an issue I purchased the gimbal less than a month ago it was brand new and worked great so I don't believe it's that. I've tried all the different settings 1080p with 60 but it was running good at 4k 15. I'm just confused why all of a sudden it won't work correctly now also my gimbal is flashing a green light is there some sort of gimbal reset I should try? I also tried factory reseting my gopro. I just want great crystal footage back like I had before I don't believe it's the micro usb because it fits in snug I'm just needing some help if there's a way to factory reset the gimbal or somthing like that all the help i can get is appreciated.

Welcome- sorry you're having problems.
The flashing green light on the back of the gimbal is normal- that's what you want to see.

Does the GoPro work ok when it is not plugged into the gimbal?
When in the gimbal, is it just the video feed that is bad or also the image recorded on the SD card?

If the GoPro is working fine when not in the gimbal, then obviously it's in Solo. You might try opening Solo up and making sure the HDMI cable is seated properly in the gimbal and also the other end where it connects to the PC board.

If that doesn't fix it, the HDMI cable may have gone bad.

Or it could be that you have a new neighbor with a powerful WiFi setup that is causing the video signal to degrade just like it is supposed to....

Or it could be that you have a new neighbor with a powerful WiFi setup that is causing the video signal to degrade just like it is supposed to....
I didn't think about that I was running 10mbps of Internet speed and I just went up to 25mbps maybe that is what's doing it

Does anyone have anymore info I took the gimbal off and hooked the gopro directly into the HDMI cable coming from solo and still very crappie video picture

Does anyone have anymore info I took the gimbal off and hooked the gopro directly into the HDMI cable coming from solo and still very crappie video picture
It sounds like the HDMI cable has gone bad. You will need to locate another one to find out.
Someone here might have one they will part with.

Well just so everyone knows if they have this problem I totally factory reset my solo and the controller and did a re-update on my gopro h4s update 5.0 that just came out and it working great super excited now :)

Reactions: Maddog
Well just so everyone knows if they have this problem I totally factory reset my solo and the controller and did a re-update on my gopro h4s update 5.0 that just came out and it working great super excited now :)
I’ve had the very same issue with my Silver 4 I’m going to try a reset of the entire system to see if I have the same results

It should help just be sure to follow all the steps correctly and it will work I was so upset I thought it was the gimbal then the HDMI cord then finally the gopro but it was somthing to do with the solo itself idk how but it's fixed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44