2.4.1-6 Update, RTH and Rewind

You can actually purchase Rev B GPS from CurrentUAS, who is 3DRs official repair shop. 3DR doesn't sell them directly.
Current UAS - UAV Repair Services

You have to use the contact form and inquire. IIRC they were about $65ea.

Despite some people claiming it doesn't work better (anecdotal), you can tell it is better engineered and has additional components, filters, etc. compared to the original just by looking at it. It was just too expensive to manufacture in quantity compared to the relatively cheaper shield, which does solve some RF interference issues coming from the GP, but is not as good as a properly engineered GPS unit to begin with along with proper RFI shielding. I believe the engineers who worked on it before I believe non-engineer consumers who only fly it - with little knowledge of what's actually going on under the hood. Phillip has gone into quite a lot of detail on FB about this in the past, and he knows more about solo than anyone on this board since he designed a lot of it. He had a properly engineered GPS unit - but 3DR didn't use it for production. So here we are.

Many have also purchased a M8N GPS unit from ublox, which is also properly engineered. Still need a good shield though to block the RFI coming off the gopro. I'm sure the DC motors through off quite a bit of noise as well. DC motors are noisy, although brushless motors like in quads aren't as noisy as ones that have brushes.

Many have also purchased a M8N GPS unit from ublox, which is also properly engineered. Still need a good shield though to block the RFI coming off the gopro. I'm sure the DC motors through off quite a bit of noise as well. DC motors are noisy, although brushless motors like in quads aren't as noisy as ones that have brushes.
Just don't ask Phillip or Ian about that :p

Actually the new PH2 is going to use the M8 and M8 RTK
more to that story than people know

Just thought i would update on my findings. Forced a loss of signal today and the drone went into RTH not rewind,

Just thought i would update on my findings. Forced a loss of signal today and the drone went into RTH not rewind,
Android 2.4 was officially released about an hour ago. No longer in beta.

I believe they also removed the auto-rewind feature when RTH is triggered. Not positive on this but I think I read that hitting home 2x will initiate rewind and everything else is normal RTH now.

Okay.......... what OS, what version, what device, what App, what version, what FW, what SW? What settings within the App?

You're using an M8N, correct? If so, would you mind sharing what parameters, if any, did you change to make the best use of it? I added an M8N, but I seem to recall the normal Arducopter parameter to set the GPS mode to also include Glonass was grayed out or not there.

Android 2.4 was officially released about an hour ago. No longer in beta.

I believe they also removed the auto-rewind feature when RTH is triggered. Not positive on this but I think I read that hitting home 2x will initiate rewind and everything else is normal RTH now.
In iOS it's an option, you can turn it off. Supposedly now pressing home will go straight to home, pushing and holding home will do rewind if you have it enabled. Could be wrong

Hi,

I have attached the relevant information, I am an IOS person.

The RTH button was not pressed, I simply turned in the opposite direction to the SOLO.

In the video at about ten seconds you will see the SOLO gain height and RTH. At the time of the RTH I was performing a cablecam.

I notice in 1tom2go image it states that pause is not part of RTH now, I purchased the SOLO for this feature as I film in areas where ascending is not always viable due to location limitations. Hopefully this may become an option in a later release.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• RTH Settings.PNG
    RTH Settings.PNG
    82.9 KB · Views: 14
  • SoftwareVersions.PNG
    SoftwareVersions.PNG
    73.1 KB · Views: 12
  • TAbletDetails.PNG
    TAbletDetails.PNG
    14.8 KB · Views: 12
Hi,

I have attached the relevant information, I am an IOS person.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Your video is "Private".

I tried it yesterday. Rewind did not work in any circumstances. Loss of signal, home button short press, and home button long press all engaged RTH or RTM. One of the most brilliant features, completely non functional from the day it was released. And still non functional now.

RTM returned to somewhere, but not me. It was always 50-70 feet off in some random direction. I'm sure it just used a rough location from my phone. But the app is perfectly capable of getting a better fix, and it doesn't. Makes the feature useless.

Shoots I just installed servo wire on pin 19 - to control a servo - it worked perfectly long press on the pause button - engages the servo one way - then short press - engages another way.

Just need some clarification - long press on the pause button doesn't pause the solo anymore - it actually activates the rewind and short press places it back in fly mode?

Shoots I just installed servo wire on pin 19 - to control a servo - it worked perfectly long press on the pause button - engages the servo one way - then short press - engages another way.

Just need some clarification - long press on the pause button doesn't pause the solo anymore - it actually activates the rewind and short press places it back in fly mode?
Long press activates rewind and stays in rewind until max rewind distance has been reached or Pause button is released. When you release Pause, Solo pauses. Need to press Fly to switch back to Fly mode.

I just tested it this morning
Servo control still works like a charm

Long press the pause button activates rewind and engages the servo - when the button is released it immediately goes back to fly - servo is still engaged

Short press the pause button activates the brake and disengages the servo and after 1-2 seconds goes back to fly

This is what I like about the 3dr solo - all the premium feature works and you can still add to functionality for different projects.

I tried to upload a video from my iPhone but it did not allow me to - if anyone is interested I'll post the video on YouTube

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks