What lens for my GP H4B?

Reaction score
Website
www.macswebs.com
I just scored a good deal for a GP H4B and I plan to modify it with an aftermarket lens. My first thought is to go with the Peau 3.37mm lens to maintain the most FOV but sticking with a 10mp or better rectilinear lens. However there are some people quite happy with longer lenses too. Why would I want a 3.37mm vs perhaps 4.35mm or 5.4mm? I will also probably also use the camera for non-drone applications but I will also still have my unmodified H3+B if I want a fully wide FOV.

Also, why would I NOT want to install the lens myself? Mechanically, I can certainly do the work to remove the lens if it is as simple as the Youtube videos seem to indicate and I have no problem installing the pink removal firmware myself. I'd save $50 plus shipping costs and I'm wondering if the $50+ expense is worth it.

Oh, one more thing. I have confirmed that the filters I own that fit a stock GP lens will fit on the 3.37mm but will they also fit on a 4.35mm and 5.4mm lens?

Personally I like the 3.97
So far I have seen no compelling reason to give it up for the 3.37 and I use my gopro in the air, on land and under the ocean

Well, I don't have to give up either (3.37mm and 3.97mm) since at this point I have neither. All things considered on paper they are pretty much the same. What would make one superior to the other? The 3.37mm has a higher MP rating and Peau says it is sharper at the edges and corners of the image. The price is even the same for both.

I thought the 3.97 and 3.37 were bout 16mp
I was wrong, they are both 16mp. The 4.35 and 5.4 are both 10mp. So, what are the functional differences between 3.37 and 3.97? Concerning the 3.37 I like the fact that it can fit into the GP protective cases without any fussing around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feamador