Solex Looking for vehicle

Reaction score
I'm running the latest version of Solex on my Pixel 6 Pro. Was running the latest version of Open Solo on my Solo and could connect with Solex fine. I had to roll back the controller and Solo firmware to install a gimbal. Controller and Solo are now on Open Solo 4.0.2 (I think.... I do know it's not the latest) and the gimbal firmware loaded as well. I can connect using Mission Planner or QGroundcontrol but not Solex. I'm able to switch over to the Sololink wifi in Solex but when I click on Connect to it hangs on Looking for Vehicle. Here's what I've tried:
Force stopped the app and cleared the cache and user data
Verified Location services were on
Shut down Solo and Controller
Removed GoPro (in case the GoPro wifi was on and causing an issue)
Started Controller - Once it said Waiting for Solo I launched Solex and connected to the Sololink wifi
In Solex enabled Advanced Settings and set Default Vehicle type to Solo
Powered up Solo - Controller connects fine
Hit connect on Solex and it hangs on Looking for vehicle
Connected to Sololink wifi on laptop and launched Mission planner and it connected fine

Thoughts and suggestion on what to try next?

Are there multiple imx6cards in the cube ? And what is flashing? Or what does it do / how does it work ?
The IMX6 is the companion computer.it connects to the Cube via serial port1. There is only one in the Solo and it also connects via wifi to the controller which also has an IMX6 computer in it. To flash the Cube you connect to it via its USB port. To flash the IMX6 you flash the SD card which contains its operating system called Open Solo. The firmware flashed to the Cube is called ArduCopter.

Reactions: Basho
Thnx for all your patience man. Im to noob with this stuff and i often get shit more ffd up as getting it done and fixed. So i take the whole cube out ? And than use the fb link u provided above in this thread ? My controller already has open solo 4.0 . Only solo doesnt and now has sudden problems to connect to solex not to be found. Do i need to use that link for both controller and copter? And is there a simple way to reset my sololink password. I changed it once and forgot ofc the exact pw....

Thnx for all your patience man. Im to noob with this stuff and i often get shit more ffd up as getting it done and fixed. So i take the whole cube out ? And than use the fb link u provided above in this thread ? My controller already has open solo 4.0 . Only solo doesnt and now has sudden problems to connect to solex not to be found. Do i need to use that link for both controller and copter? And is there a simple way to reset my sololink password. I changed it once and forgot ofc the exact pw....
You need to go to the link and read it first. You don't take the cube out.

If you need to reset the wifi password you have to reset the controller.

The IMX6 is the companion computer.it connects to the Cube via serial port1. There is only one in the Solo and it also connects via wifi to the controller which also has an IMX6 computer in it. To flash the Cube you connect to it via its USB port. To flash the IMX6 you flash the SD card which contains its operating system called Open Solo. The firmware flashed to the Cube is called ArduCopter.
JOW jonbrothrtn !!! My man!!!!! This dumb damn fffn NoobZor has a flying unit hahahaha!!!! I love you m8. Thnx for all your selfless assistance patiënce aswell as persistant world class help advice etc etc. From the 2 preflight update cancers and the mismatch epicness it turned out the mismatch was the most doable for me to give it a serious go. It all seems to work propperly. Also the light modes that didnt do anything now run like sweet nice awesomeness. It was to late to actually fly but i had the motors running and all telemetry as far i could see all had it running. Only compare to my previous other brand drones the solo stock out of the box has really bad range. All of my solos 4 in total all performed poor so far in range and control/connection. Are there cheap or easy DIY solutions to this? Everywhere i fly they go into connection lost RTH mode easy quickly and from up very close. Often not even getting back connction before landing. I had a XK x380 that had the baddest ass range that was only limited by the battery life. Even in dense populated areas it had no problems or hickups. So im really bothered that this pretty much higher end quad fails so hard on that aspect of performance. But again im releaved and very happy i finally got one back to action man. Took me a while and purchasing multiple solos and parts , software and help from all directions. Pfffff. :)

JOW jonbrothrtn !!! My man!!!!! This dumb damn fffn NoobZor has a flying unit hahahaha!!!! I love you m8. Thnx for all your selfless assistance patiënce aswell as persistant world class help advice etc etc. From the 2 preflight update cancers and the mismatch epicness it turned out the mismatch was the most doable for me to give it a serious go. It all seems to work propperly. Also the light modes that didnt do anything now run like sweet nice awesomeness. It was to late to actually fly but i had the motors running and all telemetry as far i could see all had it running. Only compare to my previous other brand drones the solo stock out of the box has really bad range. All of my solos 4 in total all performed poor so far in range and control/connection. Are there cheap or easy DIY solutions to this? Everywhere i fly they go into connection lost RTH mode easy quickly and from up very close. Often not even getting back connction before landing. I had a XK x380 that had the baddest ass range that was only limited by the battery life. Even in dense populated areas it had no problems or hickups. So im really bothered that this pretty much higher end quad fails so hard on that aspect of performance. But again im releaved and very happy i finally got one back to action man. Took me a while and purchasing multiple solos and parts , software and help from all directions. Pfffff. :)
Glad to help! The antenna direction makes a big difference. Look up Alfa antennas for Solo. They are directional antennas and help a lot. There are also upgrade wifi cards, and wifi boosters that help a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damien427