Current batteries available that fit the Iris+

Reaction score
Hey friends, I pulled the trigger and got that local Iris+ in my town.
I have the case hidden as I didn't realize how big the stuff was going to be and felt my wife was going to kill me. I haven't been able to take it out and measure a battery.
So if anyone is still flying them and can tell me the biggest best cheap battery I can get. Awesome. Free shipping via Prime/eBay helps but isn't a requirement.
Also as long as we're at it, having a definitive set of max dimensions would be handy.

After this preparation for an onslaught of camera questions.

Hey friends, I pulled the trigger and got that local Iris+ in my town.
I have the case hidden as I didn't realize how big the stuff was going to be and felt my wife was going to kill me. I haven't been able to take it out and measure a battery.
So if anyone is still flying them and can tell me the biggest best cheap battery I can get. Awesome. Free shipping via Prime/eBay helps but isn't a requirement.
Also as long as we're at it, having a definitive set of max dimensions would be handy.

After this preparation for an onslaught of camera questions.
Tim, the stock IRIS+ battery is 135x40x25 (mm). It is a "3S1P" @ 8C discharge rate. Something that will fit is very hard to find these days, as everything now claims these crazy high rates. I have two I+, and removed all most all the foam from the sides of the battery box in one of them to allow a larger 3S pack to fit - and it's a bitch to get the nosecone snapped in place.

Any IRIS pilots that have a source, in stock (plenty of out-of-stock out there), please let us know.

Keep 'Em Flying!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ankita kumari