Yuneec Typhoon H - hexacopter with collision avoidance

I have learned to not get too excited about what gets shown off at CES.
When they have a true shipping date, and price point / feature set this one could shake up some things.
In some of the reports i have read, that obstacle avoidance is built in, and in others it claims its a coming later add on.

Potential, and worth watching. This will take more from Inspire users than solo though

I have learned to not get too excited about what gets shown off at CES.

True that - a lot of marketing wet dreams shown at CES. And a lot of marketing promises fall to engineering reality later...

When they have a true shipping date, and price point / feature set this one could shake up some things. In some of the reports i have read, that obstacle avoidance is built in, and in others it claims its a coming later add on.

Potential, and worth watching. This will take more from Inspire users than solo though

Price point with or without obstacle avoidance is $1799 including the camera, backpack and two batteries - I've got more than that tied up in my Solo so far. Not saying this is better or worse... if it had a limp home mode with bad chinese motor - possible with a hex - then it might get even more interesting.

This is just a FYI - happy with my Solo so far.

There are algorithms to fly a quad with 1 or 2 broken propellers. It just needs to be implemented :)
Check this out :) I want my solo to balance water too. The whole video is really cool, but check about 6:15 when he cuts props off the quad.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc