YouTube video "why you shouldn't buy the Solo"

Reaction score
Has any of you guys watched the video on YouTube by Timothy Sunday? It's called " Why you should not buy the 3DR Solo drone". He shared a few experiences about what's bad about the Solo. Were his bad experiences affected most of you guys as well?

I'm hoping I didn't make the wrong decision to buy the Solo since I've spent quite a bit of money on this new hobby I just discovered. [emoji50][emoji29]

This video was from a disgruntled owner, who I believe had a SOLO problem due to pilot error.
3DR would not cover it under warranty. I'm guessing he thought he would show 3DR how upset he was. He has some valid points, as an owner since SOLO was released almost three years ago I worked around those issues. I'm not saying there isn't something better. For me with SOLEX and the add ons, SOLO does everything I need it to do.

Has any.f you guys watched the video on YouTube by Timothy Sunday? It's called " Why you should not buy the 3DR Solo drone". He shared a few experiences about what's bad about the Solo. Were his bad experiences affected most of you guys as well?

I'm hoping I didn't make the wrong decision to buy the Solo since I've spent quite a bit of money on this new hobby I just discovered.
emoji50.png
emoji29.png
I have two solos
Has any of you guys watched the video on YouTube by Timothy Sunday? It's called " Why you should not buy the 3DR Solo drone". He shared a few experiences about what's bad about the Solo. Were his bad experiences affected most of you guys as well?

I'm hoping I didn't make the wrong decision to buy the Solo since I've spent quite a bit of money on this new hobby I just discovered. [emoji50][emoji29]
I have 2 solos 1has 1000 + flights on it not one issue .if u treat her well she will be ur best friend

I'm hoping I didn't make the wrong decision to buy the Solo since I've spent quite a bit of money on this new hobby I just discovered.

Most of his videos are negative reviews, he is not a drone expert. I've got several Solos of various configurations and have not had any issues. They aren't made any longer, but there is quite a good 'open solo' support for other firmware, devices, apps and even some folks who have adapted other gimbals. It is the most robust drone you'll find.
If you feared spending money, why did you buy a drone that isn't currently being manufactured? I'm assuming you bought a used one or a refurbished one although they are getting harder to find. Most folks on this forum love their Solos, as do I. I've got others (DJI) but prefer the Solo.
If you haven't learned to fly drones manually, I'd suggest buying a cheap one to learn with (Traxxas Alias or similar) and you'll be able to react/fly manually when/if the need arises with your Solo.

Most of his videos are negative reviews, he is not a drone expert. I've got several Solos of various configurations and have not had any issues. They aren't made any longer, but there is quite a good 'open solo' support for other firmware, devices, apps and even some folks who have adapted other gimbals. It is the most robust drone you'll find.
If you feared spending money, why did you buy a drone that isn't currently being manufactured? I'm assuming you bought a used one or a refurbished one although they are getting harder to find. Most folks on this forum love their Solos, as do I. I've got others (DJI) but prefer the Solo.
If you haven't learned to fly drones manually, I'd suggest buying a cheap one to learn with (Traxxas Alias or similar) and you'll be able to react/fly manually when/if the need arises with your Solo.
Yeah, I fell in love at first sight when the Solo came out back then in late 2015. They were too expensive over $1k with gimbal and etc. I've waited 3 years and then I couldn't believe I get my hands on two Solos for $300ish. Lol I won them on ebay last month at great prices. First one came with gimbal, 4 batteries, 3DR backpack, and a controller for $260. Later found out it's missing a motor, and both chargers!!! Good thing they refunded me $50 for those missing items. Then I went back on a quest to find and won one that's almost like new for $85 that came with everything basic in an OEM box/packaging. The guy said he tried to fly it and it just came back down and won't fly anymore. However, I tried hard resetting it two times and all motors fired up and ready for lift off! Haha

I missed the Best Buy deep sales 1-2 years ago! I think that's when a lot of people started to hoard them for a steal! Lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl