Yet another travel question

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm going to travel from SFO to Maui and I would like to take my Solo with me.
I've read many threads here, like this one, but still have some questions... I have a solo backpack with 5 batteries and I'm flying Hawaiian Airlines.

- People seem to say taking the backpack as carry on is the best, but how do you do with your personal carry-on stuff (ipad, books, headphones ...) ? do they let you have 2 backpacks?
- Hawaiian' policy says "lithium or lithium-ion" batteries are not allowed. Is LIPO considered a subcategory of lithium?
- What about checking the drone in? That thread I mentioned says if I do that I should carry the batteries with me ... which brings me back to the previous question.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated!

Geeum

put the rest of your stuff in a personal item like a small backpack
that list is for checked bags I think...if they don't allow lipo that means no one can bring their electronics like phones etc which I doubt is the case
check your Solo in at your own risk...have insurance in case they lose your bag. Yes you can't check-in lipo.

OK, so, what I'll do is:

- Solo in backpack. Will check the propellers in (someone reported here that they could 'look' like blades)
- Personal belongings in small bag

I guess I'm all set. Thanks!

Geeum

I flew Delta to Honolulu. Carry it on. TSA will always secondary your drone. They will swipe and inspect the bag. Pretty standard. Then you're on your way. The Solo backpack fits in the smaller size overheads perfect. Fly safe.

I flew Delta to Honolulu. Carry it on. TSA will always secondary your drone. They will swipe and inspect the bag. Pretty standard. Then you're on your way. The Solo backpack fits in the smaller size overheads perfect. Fly safe.

Thanks! Did you have another bag for personal belongings? I'm always confused with how many pieces of luggage you can carry on ...

Yes. Two backpacks. Most airlines allow two carry-ons. One usually the size of a normal roller bag and one "personal" bag. Usually a purse, computer bag, or backpack. Solo in the overhead and backpack under the seat in front of you.

I Went to kauai a 2 weeks ago and had no issues with delta or Hawaiian Airlines between kauai,maui,bigIsland. All was in my Solo backpack and no questions asked. I always say its my personal item.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela