X8+ Avaibility

Reaction score
Hi, guys

I´m a civil Engineer in southern Europe, and I´m willing to buy X8+ for 3D mapping and inspection purposes. At the moment the out of stock situation concerns me, Are 3dr working on producing more stock or they are developing some new products?

Other than that, i´m having trouble finding resellers on Europe that are willing to buy mapping drones so that they can commercialize them. Any advice here ?

ps: Sorry for grammar mistakes, not practising as I should.

Hi, guys

I´m a civil Engineer in southern Europe, and I´m willing to buy X8+ for 3D mapping and inspection purposes. At the moment the out of stock situation concerns me, Are 3dr working on producing more stock or they are developing some new products?

Other than that, i´m having trouble finding resellers on Europe that are willing to buy mapping drones so that they can commercialize them. Any advice here ?

@Iberian I actually read in a couple places that 3DR has discontinued their entire product line aside from the Solo. May want to reconsider if it actually is the case. Here is one of the articles:
Is 3D Robotics Falling from the Sky? - Drone Flyers

Hi, guys

I would agree with Odogster. 3DR have shifted all their efforts on the Solo, their latest creation. One of the advantages of the X8+, however, is that you could build one yourself from kit parts. The Pixhawk autopilot is still available and I believe will continue evolving. The motors, propellers and gimbal are all stock parts from established suppliers. For example, I just purchased a set replacement propellers directly from APC, the manufacturer.

Reactions: Odogster
Thanks for the info guys, what I really like from 3DR is Pixhawk and the user friendly flight controller and ground control software, but i´m not comfortable to build a multicopter from different parts, at least not the first one due to the time that I will spend on the learning process. Dji has a monthly fee on such software and is pretty un-flexible to pos processing open source software. Do you think the remaining Iris+ that are still available on some European retailers is a good option or there is some other alternative that i´m not considering ?
I read that Iris+ is getting a little old in the tooth

Thanks for the info guys, what I really like from 3DR is Pixhawk and the user friendly flight controller and ground control software, but i´m not comfortable to build a multicopter from different parts, at least not the first one due to the time that I will spend on the learning process. Dji has a monthly fee on such software and is pretty un-flexible to pos processing open source software. Do you think the remaining Iris+ that are still available on some European retailers is a good option or there is some other alternative that i´m not considering ?
I read that Iris+ is getting a little old in the tooth

Have you looked into U.S. retailers? Many ship internationally. There seems to be a good supply of fully assembled X8+ drones on the continent.

Ron

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc