Wrong aspect ratio on iPad while GoPro is recording

Reaction score
Solo + Hero 4 Silver + iPad Mini 4: When recording at 4K, or at 2.7 @ 30 fps, the video feed from the GoPro gets vertically squashed and blurry in the Solo app, making flying by video harder and therefore less safe:

SoloAppVideo.jpg

It looks fine until the "Record" button is pressed. Strangely, 2.7 @ 24 fps does not get squashed like this. Anybody else have this problem? Is it a bug in the app? Is there a fix? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: dcal
Solo + Hero 4 Silver + iPad Mini 4: When recording at 4K, or at 2.7 @ 30 fps, the video feed from the GoPro gets vertically squashed and blurry in the Solo app, making flying by video harder and therefore less safe:

SoloAppVideo.jpg

It looks fine until the "Record" button is pressed. Strangely, 2.7 @ 24 fps does not get squashed like this. Anybody else have this problem? Is it a bug in the app? Is there a fix? Thanks in advance!
Hi Joe, we're working on this. The video records in the correct aspect on the GP, it just is squished in the output. The problem is with GP and we're working with them to resolve.

Reactions: Joe Horn and dcal
Yes, I have experienced the issue and was about to submit a support ticket as when I called support about it they didn't know what I was talking about and asked me to shoot a video of the issue. Good to know that it is being worked on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo