Windmill_003

Nice job Rich. I really liked the simple subject matter and what you did with it. Thanks for sharing.
I appreciate the kind words. I've been shooting this windmill for over two years as a study for both flight and how light plays on and around the subject.

My next study will be windmill repair...;)

Great Video! Are you using a different lens for the GoPro?
Too kind. Stock lens, fisheye removed within GP Studio. 2.7K 60fps Med. original, no stab, output once edited straight to YT at same reso. Did slow the video down on the first turn to match the other scene's speed, lots of frame "ticking". Will edit that scene with flux tonight to see how it improves Slowed the second scene as well, but much less was needed.

FWIW, I shot about 30 minutes of video at this windmill throughout the weekend. I prefer tighter object shots rather than scenic background. This particular scene was an interesting combination of both the background and object. The reveal was on so many levels, I can't think of another subject that could show so much depth. No doubt that the "golden hour" makes a big impact on the subject and background. Well worth the early morning effort.

I converted the video to have Flux applied through out to steady the frame to frame movements. Big mistake for time and for results. The first scene benefitted since it was slowed down to 20% speed. The remainder of the video was around 60% speed, which didn't have a impact worth the conversion time, an hour+ for a one minute video.

I had heard to use Flux sparingly, live and learn...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc