WiFi says "no internet access detected, won't automatically reconnect"

Reaction score
Just bought my first quad, the 3DR Solo. I charged both it and the controller, downloaded the app, connected the wifi using the "sololink" password to my Motorola Droid Turbo 2, and the controller is still asking for an update because the app won't connect. Still searching for a device. And the wifi symbol on my phone has an exclamation point, and it says "no internet access detected, device wrong automatically reconnect". Also wondering how it will update if it's connected to the controller via wifi. Will it also be connected to my 4G at the same time? Can you not update using my house wifi?
Thanks a whole bunch for any help. Going to be filming at a castle this weekend and this will really take the shoot over the top

One time my LTE enabled tablet would disconnect me from sololink wifi because there was this special feature in the network settings that checked the quality of your wifi connection. It would disconnect me cuz it couldn't detect an Internet connection. Well there wouldn't be one on the sololink wifi so that was a pretty dumb feature. I had to turn it off. Perhaps you're experiencing something similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked around and found a setting called "avoid bad wifi connections" on my phone, and it doesn't seem to work whether it checked or not :/

Reactions: Ed.it.Ed
It should be prompting you to reconnect to your home WiFi to download the update, then reconnect to Solo WiFi to install the update.

Hasn't gotten past "Vehicle not detected Looking for Solo..."

Trying to connect on my Verizon Ellipsis 10 tablet, and as where the wifi claims to be "connected" but it's doing the same thing
Did restart my device, but getting the same results

switching around devices is only going to muddy the process
the no internet connection is normal for sololink
stick with one device, and get your connection with solo working
then disconnect and make sure you can switch to internet

then if you still don't see solo, you may need to repair to the controller
also try pulling the battery on the controller for 30 seconds

It worked! It worked! I unhooked the battery and we are in business now! I attached a picture of the place I'll be filming a dance piece in this weekend. Thank you so much for your help!

Attachments

• hahatonkafromsky.jpg
    hahatonkafromsky.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 29
switching around devices is only going to muddy the process
the no internet connection is normal for sololink
stick with one device, and get your connection with solo working
then disconnect and make sure you can switch to internet

then if you still don't see solo, you may need to repair to the controller
also try pulling the battery on the controller for 30 seconds
Good one Pyrate! Pulling the battery i mean.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo