When I hit the fly but I lose the app immediately

Reaction score
Went to fly my solo this morning everything come on perfect when I hit the fly but I lose the app no video can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong

Reactions: Eric Cutting
If you are using a iphone with update 10.3.1 they are trying to fix it. You can go back one update in I tunes.

If you are using a iphone with update 10.3.1 they are trying to fix it. You can go back one update in I tunes.
Thank you very much I did the update last night that makes all the sense that's when it quit working

Reactions: flyhome
Cannot go back to 10.2.1 because Apple stop signing it as of Monday. Unfortunately we are stuck waiting for an app update.

the latest version of the sidepilot app seems to to work for streaming video from the solo.

Hi Garry you can go to the app. store and buy ($9.99) the sidepilot app it will work with 10-3-1

I purchased the Sidepilot app and it is indeed working. It's not bad. Kind of like tower or qgroundcontrol but certainly not idiot proof like 3DR solo app.

So just to confirm, since 3DR is essentially a defunct company my Solo has gone from a functioning tool to a toy because there is not going to be a software patch... I see three letters looming in my future DJI... Not a happy camper.

So just to confirm, since 3DR is essentially a defunct company my Solo has gone from a functioning tool to a toy because there is not going to be a software patch... I see three letters looming in my future DJI... Not a happy camper.

If you don't want to wait for a week or two for 3DR to update the App, there are several other options (Solex-Android or Sidepilot-Apple). Many threads on this topic if you have questions

I have not tried it. Bought a Android tablet months ago to use Solex. Still have not upgraded my iPhone or iPad to the latest iOS in case I need to use it.
Search on Sidepilot in these forums. Hearing Good things, but sounds like limited functionality with Solo.

Be sure to report it to their tech support. I did yesterday and they said it should be fixed by the weekend.
Fingers crossed!

Well as they promised, the app would be fixed, and sure enough it was fixed. I did a test run this afternoon and it worked perfectly.
I am very impressed that the tech support got into it and made it happen.
Thanks to Tech I will be flying tomorrow morning.
All things come to those who wait..
Happy flying people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela