When and what to upgrade to ?

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I've been reading all of the posts regarding the GoPro HERO 4 Black upgrade and the Solo App upgrades and compatibility issues and am now completely confused. I haven't upgraded my GoPro because I understand there is a compatibility issue with SOLO in that it will no longer power up automatically when SOLO powers on. Here's what I have now:
GoPro: HB4.02.03.00.00
from the SOLO App on my tablet:
App: 2.3.0
SOLO: 2.4.0
Autopilot: 2.0.20
Gimbal: 1.3.6
Controller: 2.4.0
Controller Firmware: 1.2.11

Everything appears to be working fine for me right now and I like having the GoPro power on when SOLO powers on. Every time I open the SOLO app I get prompted to update but I read where some users are regretting it. I'm afraid to update anything right now. Can someone tell me what is 'safe' to update to at this time?

how does your gopro power on when the drone does? I cant get mine to

I have the HERO 4 Black and it has always done that. And when I land and SOLO powers off the GoPro turns off as well. From what I hear the latest update to GoPro prevents that from happening unfortunately. I would like to update my SOLO App but I've read where there are some issues with that also. Every time I initiate the App I get a reminder to accept the update.

GP4B with v 3.x FW turns on and off with Solo, v 4.x does not. v 4.x has other issues as well. Plenty of extended info on this forum with a search.

Hello SARDG, I've been trying to keep up with all of this but have gotten lost in all the 'dust' and am just trying to find out what the latest resolution is regarding all of the updates flying around. I don't know what is compatible with what any more :-(

Hello SARDG, I've been trying to keep up with all of this but have gotten lost in all the 'dust' and am just trying to find out what the latest resolution is regarding all of the updates flying around. I don't know what is compatible with what any more :-(
This version stuff will make your head spin. I believe the general consensus is to update to Solo app 2.4.0 and accept the FW updates to 2.4.1-6. This is what most are flying around here, however, that has a bug with RTH so set the app to RTL.

With GP4B, most haven't updated to v4 unless they need to lock shutter speed as you lose ability of auto on/off AND HDMI display in 2.7/30 zooms in. Normally... stick with v 3.

I think that's all the current general update philosophy, but someone else better confirm.

All the above is what I'm flying.

GP4B with v 3.x FW turns on and off with Solo, v 4.x does not. v 4.x has other issues as well. Plenty of extended info on this forum with a search.

Dammit I updated to v4 before I knew. I just purchased my solo bundle at best buy when they had the sale for $499 for extra battery and gimbal

Many thanks SARDG, That's pretty much what I was looking for. So, it appears then I'm fine with accepting all of the SOLO updates but NOT updating my GoPro. I was getting confused because I thought I read where you couldn't update without updating the other and I didn't know what was compatible with what anymore. I'm happy with how my GoProH4B is operating right now and want to keep it compatible with SOLO.
I certainly appreciate the curious response. I'm retired and in my 70's and just took up to flying a drone as a hobby to add videos to my youtube channel. Reading comments to other postings makes on leery of even posting a question without getting chastised by someone offended with your lack of knowledge.

Many thanks SARDG, That's pretty much what I was looking for. So, it appears then I'm fine with accepting all of the SOLO updates... ...Reading comments to other postings makes on leery of even posting a question without getting chastised by someone offended with your lack of knowledge.
Well, we encourage the use of the search function. Good way to double-check what I've posted.

You have to have a thick skin on the Interwbz, or be eaten alive. ;)

BTW Mr. GH... I see a Space Shuttle in your avatar. I used to patrol with the Coast Guard Aux out in the Banana River for the launches - including the very last Shuttle launch. Was mostly on a PWC (Sea Doo). Still have friends over in Melbourne and the Cape. Miss the patrols... :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986