What's your favorite "mini" drone?

Reaction score
Ok, not Solo specific but I have a nephew who is very interested in flying drones and I'm considering giving him one of my spare Solos. But first I'd like to get one of the inexpensive mini drones for practice. One model that's been recommended to me is Syma and they do look like that might be a good choice.

Any other recommendations for a basic pre_Solo cheap drone that could be used to get a general feel for flying for a novice?

Ok, not Solo specific but I have a nephew who is very interested in flying drones and I'm considering giving him one of my spare Solos. But first I'd like to get one of the inexpensive mini drones for practice. One model that's been recommended to me is Syma and they do look like that might be a good choice.

Any other recommendations for a basic pre_Solo cheap drone that could be used to get a general feel for flying for a novice?
Try to find one that has altitude hold, makes flying/controlling it similar to a solo as far as holding altitude, this one worked for me for a while>> Protocol dronium one A/P
Bestbuy has them but I found this one for $50.00 here in Florida....

Protocol - Dronium One AP Drone with Remote Controller - Orange/BlackIMG_20161204_162027.jpg

Mine is Parrot Mambo. It's extremely stable. Great indoor drone. It's light and safe. I converted into an indoors FPV system using Eachine FPV Ggoogles with a mini FPV camera mounted on the Mambo using the EYE FPV Mambo. See attached photos.
0ccc08a723bdb917352cbde21c5b4d17.jpg
80644fbeffb5adce098bd3b1a87b579d.jpg
884490c1466e50bd7f3e15fd9a2fc6be.jpg

I suggest the cheerson cx-10c. I had the cx-10 and it was good for my purposes. It is about $25 on Amazon.

Syma x5 is good cheap and easy to fly
I second the Syma X5! That's what I started with. Cheap, durable, easy to learn on. Get a few extra props and batteries because they charge pretty slowly. Take off the cheap camera for some more flight time.

Easy and quiet enough to fly indoors.

Amazon would be a good place to look.

Give the banggood eachine 250 a look fantastic drone me and all my friends love them

Easy my new Spark Combo
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Spark looks nice, but cheap? Nope.....

I use the Holy Stone, HS170, inside the house, to chase the cats, and outside to teach the neighborhood children to fly a drone. (Much to the chagrin of their parents!. After they learn to fly, guess what their parents are asked to buy for them! :) ) $39.95, and less, when on an Amazon 'daily' special!

Amazon.com: Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone 2.4Ghz 6-Axis Gyro 4 Channels Quadcopter Good Choice for Drone Training: Toys & Games
You did not ask for a cheap mini drone. I 3D print those all day long for $25.00

You did not ask for a cheap mini drone. I 3D print those all day long for $25.00

Well...yes, actually he did. I quote:

" But first I'd like to get one of the inexpensive mini drones for practice. "

Most people have not ventured into 3D printers yet, so *that* is not an inexpensive mini drone either! (When one considers the $400 to $1000 price tag for a decent 3D printer. And then the cost of the bones for the printed shell of the mini-quad.......:)

BTW, I *do* agree, the Spark is a nice addition to the SOLO! :D

TOK

The Symantec X5 seems like an inexpensive way to get into drones. I've been beating mine up for over a year now. It takes a lot of punishment from crashes. I've replaced two motors so far - I fly mine a lot in and outdoors. A pack of four motors cost around 8 becks total on eBay.

The Symantec X5 seems like an inexpensive way to get into drones. I've been beating mine up for over a year now. It takes a lot of punishment from crashes. I've replaced two motors so far - I fly mine a lot in and outdoors. A pack of four motors cost around 8 becks total on eBay.
I think you mean the Syma X5 which is what I started with. Your right, it takes a beatin' & keeps on flying. Parts are cheap. Then I moved up to the X8C which is about the same size as a phantom. Lots more power than the X5 but it really takes a beating too. I replaced a few bent props but that's it. Those props never break- just bend. Sometimes I just bend them back in shape & keep flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela