What type of computer specs are you all using for editing video's?

Reaction score
In the market for a new computer. My 7 year old HP Pavilion G7 just isn't cutting it anymore. Looking for probably 4k screen, 16GB RAM, dual hard drives, etc. Laptop variety.

I haven't bought a PC in a while, but I have always had good luck with Dell. I would go to they're website and select the spec you want, and they will build it.

I would really like to recommend a AMD Ryzen 1700, 1700x, 1800x for video editing. since I upgraded my pc last year editing and export has become at least twice as fast

I would really like to recommend a AMD Ryzen 1700, 1700x, 1800x for video editing. since I upgraded my pc last year editing and export has become at least twice as fast
what did you upgrade from...what was your old PC?

15.6 inch Dell Inspiron . I7/7700, 16GB Ram, 512 SSD, 1TB Hard drive, 1060 graphics card with 6GB and a 4K screen. This is the first time I haven't bought a dirt cheap, grossly outdated computer.

This is the first time I haven't bought a dirt cheap, grossly outdated computer.
Good move. Dirt cheap units will have to be upgraded (buy a new PC) at least twice as fast as a "latest greatest" version. I have always bought the very fastest, most RAM, most technology, that I could get when I bought a PC. Since my first one in 1987 :eek:...I have upgraded only twice. So I am on my 3rd PC...all desktops. And trust me when I say, I use it everyday...and then some:)

I’m using an iPad and LumaFusion now for all my videos. I’m blown away by its capability. I shot a couple of minutes of footage today just screwing around, downloaded to my iPad and spent 15 min in LumaFusion. It’s not a cinematic masterpiece, buts it was fast and easy... let’s me concentrate on more important things....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm using a Intel i5 7600k with a Nvidia GTX1060 6GB and 16GB ram

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela