What did you buy your drone for?

Reaction score
Yeah yeah don't just say for pictures / video. What kind or type is what I was wondering.

I my self am big into Jeeps and often go 4 wheeling. I wanted something to take pics for that and for the jeep events (4 wheel drive) events I go to.

I practice everyday so I am used to my drone so I don't do any damage to it , myself or others.

Here is a quick night picture of my jeep.

986fa1a8f86e83173baeeba4c1eb9178.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Housspin
The cool factor is a plus!!

I love the look on people's faces when they see mine in the air..

They hear it first then look around for it.. then look around for who's controlling it.

Bad thing is the first question people ask is how much was that.. I just want to say to much if you have to ask. ;-)

Always enjoyed RC's. Had some string guided planes (.049 powered) starting at age 12, a few cars. Went to electric cars and gliders. I liked the 4 wheeled vehicles because it wasn't as bad if you wrecked those as when your balsa glider smacked into a tree.

Got out of the hobby after 4 gliders. Can't say I ever really got real good at flying them.
When I started seeing the quads come out, they sparked my interests again because of how easy they are to fly.

Bought my first quad, the Syma X5 and the bug bit, I get a lot of enjoyment out of flying the quad. The Solo has opened up an entire new world with all the open source available for it. Not only can I fly it, I can modify parameters, plan missions, go extended ranges, load up flight logs with Mission Planner. Keeps me going....:)

Right now I think I have twice the flight hours on the Solo as I do the Phantom.

Reactions: KRVer and prowler9
Always enjoyed RC's. Had some string guided planes (.049 powered)

Wow - had forgotten all about those! Loved to get that thing going - had a P51 Mustang - still remember I always had a hard time getting that engine to start - not quite as easy as inserting a battery and holding "FLY". [emoji3]

I bought mine for $999 plus extra battery, Gimbal, Props, and BackPack.
Oh I mean for coastline photos pier.jpg

Reactions: Housspin
I bought mine for $999 plus extra battery, Gimbal, Props, and BackPack.
Oh I mean for coastline photos View attachment 728
Wow very nice picture!!!!!

I can't wait to get to the beach with mine.. we often go to carolina beach but haven't went since I got mine. I will be in CT next weekend will take it the .

Wow very nice picture!!!!!

I can't wait to get to the beach with mine.. we often go to carolina beach but haven't went since I got mine. I will be in CT next weekend will take it the .

Get some good shots and show us!!

I own my wedding production company and I'll be using aerial shots for intro/scenic establishing shots for my films

Reactions: prowler9
Get some good shots and show us!!
Will do!!

I also have a buddy in that wants to branch out his company. He takes pictures for real estate. He says something every time I post a new pic on facebook.. Told him I want to wait till I get the gimbal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986