What can be done to improve the hover stability?

Reaction score
What can be done to improve the hover stability? All of a sudden my solo does not come close to staying in place when it is suppose to. It drifts and when drifting pause does not work.

Any ideas what I can try.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Ronyc
Is it very windy? I have the same issue when it's moderately windy outside. Seems like it corrects itself but only "notices" that it's being blown to the side after it has already moved...If the sensors were more sensitive seems it would have the ability to correct itself quicker?

Not windy. It just keeps drifting and does not correct itself.

Please land and read the manual and watch the training videos. When you lose GPS, it will switch to FLY:MANUAL mode. In that mode, it will hold altitude on its own, but you are responsible for lateral position, speed, etc. It will drift with the wind and it's own momentum. Also, when GPS is lost, you will not have features that rely on GPS... such as the pause button, smart shots, and the ability to hold position on it's own. FLY mode will not be available.

I did not loose GPS. We have read the manual and have been flying out Solo for over a year now almost every day. This problem just started. We are in fly mode and have GPS and it will not stay in one place at all and when I hit pause it does not pause.

In that case, it is malfunctioning. This is not normal performance that needs to be improved. Open a ticket with 3DR from the app while it's connected to the controller so it sends them logs.

In that case, it is malfunctioning. This is not normal performance that needs to be improved. Open a ticket with 3DR from the app while it's connected to the controller so it sends them logs.

Good idea, thanks. What has me confused is when I use Tower it works just fine.

just a note, if you are on 2.4 firmware drifting has been reported
Just flew my solo 1 after updating, but it was windy
It has never drifted that much ever.
I did not do the calibrations after updating to 2.4 and some have said that helped.
I will be calibrating mine, gyro, compass and sticks and trying again

Good idea, thanks. What has me confused is when I use Tower it works just fine.

When using tower, the GPS position hold doesn't drift, and the pause button works??? That makes no sense at all, since the apps are really unrelated to those things. But none the less, mention that in the ticket.

When using tower, the GPS position hold doesn't drift, and the pause button works??? That makes no sense at all, since the apps are really unrelated to those things. But none the less, mention that in the ticket.

Thanks. I did mention that on the ticket. Now its wait time to hear back.

@Wacky roger, I have the same problem after the 2.4 update.
Before, Solo was rock solid even in light wind. Now it flops around like a drunken sailor.

Have you recalibrated everything after your last firmware update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I did mention that on the ticket. Now its wait time to hear back.

@Wacky roger, I have the same problem after the 2.4 update.
Before, Solo was rock solid even in light wind. Now it flops around like a drunken sailor.

I mentioned all the new problems so I hope they come up with a fix.

Thanks for posting. I also experienced GPS lock but my Solo today was drifting swaying all over the place very little wind. Maybe it had to do with a lot of metal in the area. Please share information once you find out or maybe I could open a ticket also.

Thanks for posting. I also experienced GPS lock but my Solo today was drifting swaying all over the place very little wind. Maybe it had to do with a lot of metal in the area. Please share information once you find out or maybe I could open a ticket also.

I will share what ever information I get. My suggestion open a ticket.

Is everyone that has updated having a hovering stability problem?

If not I wonder what the common factors are for those that are?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421