Warning - GoPro Studio Quirk

Reaction score
Test flight with the latest firmware update went well yesterday - no hiccups at all. My 13 year old daughter flew it for a while.

As part of the update, I also updated my GoPro Hero3+ Black using GoPro Studio. It was a new download of the program and I hadn't used it before. After my flight, I plugged in the GP to download the video and a screen popped up from GP Studio asking if I would like to download from the camera. I wanted to try it out, so I let the program do it. It even asked where I wanted the files downloaded. After it was complete, I double clicked on a video to watch it. I wanted to fast forward and found that GP Studio does not let you FF when in full screen mode. I closed the program (to open WMP) and it asked if I wanted to save the project. I clicked no, because I wasn't doing any editing. Evidently, this means that you don't want to save any of the files you downloaded, because they were gone! Since I also foolishly clicked the "delete from camera" button while they were downloading, I lost the footage...

I did that once too, purchased a recovery program from the SD card manufacturer to get it back

Thanks for the tip. Hadn't downloaded the Go Pro update yet because whenever I download an update it seems that there is always a bug or two waiting for me.

Test flight with the latest firmware update went well yesterday - no hiccups at all. My 13 year old daughter flew it for a while.

As part of the update, I also updated my GoPro Hero3+ Black using GoPro Studio. It was a new download of the program and I hadn't used it before. After my flight, I plugged in the GP to download the video and a screen popped up from GP Studio asking if I would like to download from the camera. I wanted to try it out, so I let the program do it. It even asked where I wanted the files downloaded. After it was complete, I double clicked on a video to watch it. I wanted to fast forward and found that GP Studio does not let you FF when in full screen mode. I closed the program (to open WMP) and it asked if I wanted to save the project. I clicked no, because I wasn't doing any editing. Evidently, this means that you don't want to save any of the files you downloaded, because they were gone! Since I also foolishly clicked the "delete from camera" button while they were downloading, I lost the footage...
too much excited hahahaha lmao, just kidding man

I never let anything auto download. I prefer to always do it manually and control the whole process myself.

Reactions: rrmccabe
Jublar - that's generally my feeling, which is why I have such a hard time with Apple products...

Reactions: Jubalr

Yes... Good point. I saw a similar thing when I decided to let it copy files, and then changed my mind and cancelled. FYI, You can turn that off in GP studio, so that it doesn't even import them at all. I do this because I most often use Premiere, and the GP studio recognizes the GoPro folder on the SD card

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo