Waiting on Solo

Reaction score
My solo controller is stuck on "Waiting on solo". We have tried everything we can think of and sent in a ticket. So it looks like I am Waiting on Solo.

Wacky roger

What lights do you have on the Solo? Will your app connect?

Blinking red lights. When I click on the fly button it takes me to a black screen. I just noticed the controller battery has gone down half its charge since I charged it 5 hours ago just sitting on the table.

Blinking red lights. When I click on the fly button it takes me to a black screen. I just noticed the controller battery has gone down half its charge since I charged it 5 hours ago just sitting on the table.
The controller is not paired to Solo. You need to look in the manual and follow the procedure for pairing the controller, pg 41. If that doesn't do it, you need support to walk you through a reset.

The controller is not paired to Solo. You need to look in the manual and follow the procedure for pairing the controller, pg 41. If that doesn't do it, you need support to walk you through a reset.
We have already tried the paired and nothing changed.

You might call the support line in the morning instead of waiting on the email.

You might call the support line in the morning instead of waiting on the email.

Thanks I will try that. I tried to call a couple of times today and all I got was a message and to leaqve a message.

Flashing red alternating front and back means Controller signal lost

Pairing the Controller
1 Turn off the Solo and the Controller that you want to pair, along with any other Solos and Controllers nearby.

2 Power on the Solo and Controller that you want to pair.

3 Wait 30 seconds for Solo and the Controller to fully boot up.

4 Identify the Pair button underneath Solo. It’s a small button inside the hole labeled Pair. You’ll need to use a paperclip or small screwdriver, or another similar tool to push it.

paring_updated-215x300.jpg

5 Press the Pair button underneath Solo and hold for one second.

6 When the Controller detects Solo, it will prompt you to accept the pairing request as seen in the screen below. (If the Controller does not detect Solo after thirty seconds, try pressing the Pair button underneath Solo again and repeat as needed.)

detected_new_solo-300x225.png

7 Press A, then B and hold both buttons down, once the Controller vibrates, you can let go. Within 20 seconds, the Controller will show “Solo Paired.”

solo_paired-300x224.png

Your Solo and Controller are now paired!

Still having trouble pairing? Here's a few troubleshooting steps that may help.

• If you pressed B to cancel, you will need to reboot Solo and the Controller and press the Pair button in order to try again.
  • If you pressed the Pair button several times, and still aren’t seeing the Detected New Solo screen, then try turning off the Controller and listen for the disconnection sound from the vehicle. If you do hear this sound, Solo and the Controller are already paired. If not, reboot Solo and turn the Control back on and try pairing again

Pairing the Controller
1 Turn off the Solo and the Controller that you want to pair, along with any other Solos and Controllers nearby.

2 Power on the Solo and Controller that you want to pair.

3 Wait 30 seconds for Solo and the Controller to fully boot up.

4 Identify the Pair button underneath Solo. It’s a small button inside the hole labeled Pair. You’ll need to use a paperclip or small screwdriver, or another similar tool to push it.

paring_updated-215x300.jpg

5 Press the Pair button underneath Solo and hold for one second.

6 When the Controller detects Solo, it will prompt you to accept the pairing request as seen in the screen below. (If the Controller does not detect Solo after thirty seconds, try pressing the Pair button underneath Solo again and repeat as needed.)

detected_new_solo-300x225.png

7 Press A, then B and hold both buttons down, once the Controller vibrates, you can let go. Within 20 seconds, the Controller will show “Solo Paired.”

solo_paired-300x224.png

Your Solo and Controller are now paired!

Still having trouble pairing? Here's a few troubleshooting steps that may help.

• If you pressed B to cancel, you will need to reboot Solo and the Controller and press the Pair button in order to try again.
  • If you pressed the Pair button several times, and still aren’t seeing the Detected New Solo screen, then try turning off the Controller and listen for the disconnection sound from the vehicle. If you do hear this sound, Solo and the Controller are already paired. If not, reboot Solo and turn the Control back on and try pairing again

It didn't work, the controller always stays on " Waiting For Solo ".

Thanks for trying to help me.

My solo controller is stuck on "Waiting on solo". We have tried everything we can think of and sent in a ticket. So it looks like I am Waiting on Solo.

Wacky roger

Update 07-30-15
Talked to a tech and we tried numerous things and he is sending me my RMA information and I sent him my proof of purchase. He says I will get it via email toady so I am going to repack up the Solo so I can get it shipped to them. Estimated time will be 2 weeks.

UpDate 08-01-15

My solo is boxed up and in the hall waiting for FedEx to pick up on 08-03-15. I was told it would be about 2 weeks for them to get it fixed.

This just happened to me. Did he get you to pull the battery from your controller? This is what worked for me...

Acroduster, when I had the tech on the phone we tried that and many other things including try a factory reset. Nothing worked. FedEx picked it up today so it is on the way to the repair shop. I should have it back in 2 weeks.

Oddly enough I was flying yesterday a couple hundred feet out when my Solo lost controller signal and RTH. After landing it still said Waiting for Solo and after multiple resets I determined that during flight it became unpaired? I tried pairing it again and no luck. Finally had to go through the procedure for resetting the Solo AND the controller. When resetting be patient, it takes a few minutes for the controller and Solo to reset.

Note that the pairing procedure listed is different from the manual. The one on 3dr's site says you are to press the pair button as you turn the Solo on. If pairing didn't work for you and this happens again, look in the manual and try it that way.

This did cause me some frustration at the field trying to go through the process. There were three different ways of going through the process. I believe the way that worked for me was turn the Solo and controller on, wait for them to be fully booted up, then I pressed the pair button for one second.

My repaired solo is scheduled for delivery this afternoon. Sent it back August 3rd and I get it back Aug. 14th.

My repaired solo is scheduled for delivery this afternoon. Sent it back August 3rd and I get it back Aug. 14th.
That's Great Roger! Glad you will be back at it. Pretty decent turn around on the customer service. Just saw this posted to day elsewhere..

Having a Phantom issue, just wanted to share this:
I've logged on to their "live chat" numerous times over the past 24 hours. I get zero response.
I've called their new North America Tech Support line and I get a recording that they are experiencing "higher than normal call volumes, please try calling back at a later time. Thank You" and then I'm disconnected.
Once again it is back to the community to get help with their products, none is available from the company.

If anyone doubts this, call their number, select option #2, and you'll have verification; 1-818-235-0789

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela