Video signal path

Reaction score
Does the hdmi output on the controller need the solo app to function? Or can i just plug in an hdmi monitor and have video without using the app? Also, if the expansion port wires are disconnected from the main board would it have any effect on the video stream to controller?

Just plug to a monitor with HDMI, it has nothing to do with the Apps.
What do u mean by expansion port wires ?
GoPro used to call their rear connection as EXPANSION PORT, is that what you meant ? Some people call is Hero BUS.
If that is what you mean, I know the HMDI feed out of the GP cam is from the HDMI side connector, and the command to do functions of the GP cam , are done from GP cam rear Expansion Port from Solo's own system, however if you disconnect or remove the GP cam from gimbal even with HDMI still plugged in, me never try.

Just plug to a monitor with HDMI, it has nothing to do with the Apps.
What do u mean by expansion port wires ?
GoPro used to call their rear connection as EXPANSION PORT, is that what you meant ? Some people call is Hero BUS.
If that is what you mean, I know the HMDI feed out of the GP cam is from the HDMI side connector, and the command to do functions of the GP cam , are done from GP cam rear Expansion Port from Solo's own system, however if you disconnect or remove the GP cam from gimbal even with HDMI still plugged in, me never try.

The expansion port on the solo is what i was referring to. The solo was given to me in non working order. The only function that doesnt work is the video feed. Could this be caused by the ribbon wires being disconnected. I have plugged my monitor into the gimble and got video signal

the video goes camera>gimbal>hdmi cable>solo imx>wifi>controller imx>app and hdmi port. you tested the gimbal hdmi out, so the next thing in the chain is the hdmi cable, then the solo imx. you can try and replace the hdmi cable. but if that it isn't the problem, the only way to test that the imx is receiving and encoding the video is via code.

the video goes camera>gimbal>hdmi cable>solo imx>wifi>controller imx>app and hdmi port. you tested the gimbal hdmi out, so the next thing in the chain is the hdmi cable, then the solo imx. you can try and replace the hdmi cable. but if that it isn't the problem, the only way to test that the imx is receiving and encoding the video is via code.
What is needed to conduct the procedure that you are suggesting ?

What is needed to conduct the procedure that you are suggesting ?
Hdmi cable is good. I have also tried going back to the stock wifi cards and still no dice. Now i have the microtik cards back in

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea