Video feed gone

How to get live feed back?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I've had a small crash on a tree branch last weekend that damaged my gimbal, Solo still works perfect but I've had to get a new gimbal. Installed new gimbal but live feed won't work. Screen on my device is black or sometimes it has green lines on it. Gimbal works fine, I can turn gopro on and off, adjust settings, record video, but no live feed. I've unplugged and plugged HDMI and DATA cables but no results. Any ideas? I've sent a log to 3DR yesterday morning but haven't heard from them yet.

You may want to check your HDMI connection on the main circuit board deep in the belly of Solo. Just to confirm, you did test the GP's HDMI connection externally to a TV to confirm that is working....

Reactions: Diving Santa
You may want to check your HDMI connection on the main circuit board deep in the belly of Solo. Just to confirm, you did test the GP's HDMI connection externally to a TV to confirm that is working....
I will check both connections. Thank you

Ricardo,

Same exact thing happened to me today, only my crash was a pretty good slap. Solo came down hard on it's legs and it flipped over. Gimbal went crazy.
I replaced gimbal just now. Video feed worked when on the kitchen table, but I have the same green lines during 1st test flight. Tried my second GP and have same symptom so I doubt it's my camera.
I've done compass and level recalibration. GP works fine on my TV when connected. I'm checking my antenna connections next.

If I find the problem I'll let you know.

Reactions: RichWest
Thanks Rich !! I always overlook using this as a diagnosis tool. For sure was a help this go round !!

Update.
It seems to be repaired, although, I did more than one change during disassembly/reassembly so pinpointing the exact fix wasn't in the cards.

1. Where the HDMI cable plugs in on the board, the "tines' that hold pressure on the cable plug seemed to have been loosened from the flexing of the cable during crash impact. I pressed these down a bit to steady the cable when inserted. Thanks to Rich for his idea to check this connection !!!

2. I also replaced the HDMI cable in the belly of SOLO. I had a spare lying around from a previous repair order. Was not an OEM cable.

3. I also installed a replacement "zip-tie" around the cable holding it to the board, that I had left off during the last repair. I see where the zip can provide support to the cable weight and help keep the plug in position. I shouldn't have been lazy last time. Live and learn.

I did have to try several disassemblies and tests (some with battery connected for boot up) during partial disassembly, trying out vid feed. Sometimes getting feed and sometimes not. When it finally worked and I was able to hold SOLO and shake it above the table, I took the chance it would work.

After complete reassembly, I booted everything, left the controller/iPad on the table with my wife watching, and holding SOLO in my hand, (prop-less) I "flew" around indoors to see if video stayed connected. Wife said stream was perfect, even when walking into other rooms, which meant signal had to pass through walls.

It was midnight when I finished and couldn't test fly last night or would have posted sooner, and since the prop noise drives the neighbor dogs crazy. Woke up to winds @ 15 to 20 mph, gusts to 25 this AM, but had to test anyway. Could only fly about 3 minutes, but I have video feed back to normal, stutters at times, but flows pretty well. Green lines gone too. Flew out about 500' from home point.

Hope this helps your repairs too,
DS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela