Video corrupted color

daf

Reaction score
I have been flying the Solo for over a year with GoPro4, and using iPad Mini 2. No settings have been changed since the last flight.

Today the image in the ipad was purple and green only. Image not good enough to target the Sopo path by watching the ipad. The video captured on the GoPro is excellent as usual. An image captured on the iPad along is perfect also. But when the image is also captured from the GoPro to the iPad through the Solo gimbal it is as stated purple and green and terrible, also lots of noise in the image.
We have tried every thing we can to fix the image to no avail. I have uploaded a screen capture from the video to show what is happening.

Sure hope someone can offer suggestions for fixing my problem.

Attachments

• drone_purple_video.jpg
    drone_purple_video.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 27
Agree with pyrate. I was having video issues, took Solo apart and re seated hdmi connections...Perfect picture again

i hsve same problem have reseated hdmi tried gimball in other bird....all good without gimbal...same picture you have with gimbal...yet to resolve

Mine just started doing the same thing. I took it all apart, made sure the HDMI cable was pushed in all the way yet it still does it.. not sure what to do next.?

If you haven't seen this thread yet, it's worth an effort to see if it helps you guys out....many have had success with this mod.

https://3drpilots.com/threads/having-video-feed-problems.6214/

Edit to add: Also would not hurt to blow off the gimbal of any dirt and debris, close attention to the hdmi connector on the gimbal board. The hdmi connector is somewhat exposed and the solder pins are very fine pitched. Stuff happens, it doesn't take much.

Last edited:
I ended up buying a new HDMI cable and it solved my problems. I did however try the foam block trick before I ordered a new one.. but nothing changed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea