Vibrations

Reaction score
I recently got a gimble...I've finally got it smooth.. but every now and then I get a small side to side shake.. not bad though.. is it impossible to get all the vibrations out?

Use the search bar and put in gimbal vibrations or gimbal vibration solutions- there have been multiple discussions concerning vibration and how members have solved those issues.

I just looked myself and their are plenty to read- my suggestion... go to the kitchen, open the frig, grab TWO beers and maybe make a snack; I’d recommend popcorn with lots of salt and butter-
Find a comfy spot to read because there is tons of threads relating to vibration issues- and even a fine assortment of videos. Enjoy.
I’m sure you will find the info you need to resolve your issue-

is it impossible to get all the vibrations out?
Yes to the mechanical side. Post stabilization software removes the little jitters that do happen. All brands of gimbals suffer in some way, quality video is produced by post work.

You can resolve some jitters in the dampening of the gimbal. You can also apply mods that bring on other vibration issues. Just not a one size fits all solution at this point. Solo and most other gimbals on the market suffer in some way. Doesn't mean they are bad, just not perfect all the time.

I agree, searching the forum will turn up several threads on the subject. If you take the time to read you'll find some working solutions, there is no Cliff Note's version. Also other member's videos may give you a clue as to what does and what doesn't work. It can be subjective, just depends on what you are expecting from your setup and efforts of same.

I just looked myself and their are plenty to read- my suggestion... go to the kitchen, open the frig, grab TWO beers and maybe make a snack; I’d recommend popcorn with lots of salt and butter-
Find a comfy spot to read because there is tons of threads relating to vibration issues- and even a fine assortment of videos. Enjoy.
I’m sure you will find the info you need to resolve your issue-
I just love ur popcorn and beer response[emoji1]

Yes to the mechanical side. Post stabilization software removes the little jitters that do happen. All brands of gimbals suffer in some way, quality video is produced by post work.

You can resolve some jitters in the dampening of the gimbal. You can also apply mods that bring on other vibration issues. Just not a one size fits all solution at this point. Solo and most other gimbals on the market suffer in some way. Doesn't mean they are bad, just not perfect all the time.

I agree, searching the forum will turn up several threads on the subject. If you take the time to read you'll find some working solutions, there is no Cliff Note's version. Also other member's videos may give you a clue as to what does and what doesn't work. It can be subjective, just depends on what you are expecting from your setup and efforts of same.
Rich u r always there to help.. thanks.. I tried ur gimble balls withe the 1/4 holes ..it really worked.. how big was the plugs u put in to support the balls did they hang out each end.. I'm almost vibration free just a little jitter everynow and then.. thanks again

Vibrations are the enemy...and I will win the battle...
Maybe 3 beers will do the trick...
From what I'm told, that can create more problems than solve....;)

I tried ur gimble balls withe the 1/4 holes ..it really worked.. how big was the plugs u put in to support the balls did they hang out each end..
Cutting the ear plugs down to fit inside works better than extending outside the dampers. I found that 15-16mm is ideal. But then, ear plugs were a little too stiff when I tried them...

I recently got a gimble...I've finally got it smooth.. but every now and then I get a small side to side shake.. not bad though.. is it impossible to get all the vibrations out?
Going full throttle forward will usually cause a gimble shake. Try going a little slower when recording

Reactions: Wetstone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo