version 5 firmware on GP H4B Rib Cage, please advise

Reaction score
I've been told that ver. 5.0 on Hero 4 Black takes away some GoPro functions from the Solo app. I have ver. 5 on my Rib Cage H4B. Right now in Photo mode the camera keeps defaulting to "continuous 3FPS" every time the camera turns off. This currently is not an adjustment I can make from Solo app. So I have to physically take the camera out of the gimbal, put the lcd bacpac on it to see the modes better, and switch to "single". Can you please show me where ver 3.0 is and explain the steps I need to take to downgrade my H4B back to ver 3? The camera has never done this defaulting before but now does it all the time. Thanks for your help!

Interesting, nobody mentions camera adjustments lost from the Solo app with ver. 5.0. He provides a link to the upgrade (downgrade in my case) but how do I get rid of ver. 5 first? Sorry I'm a newbie at this.

Interesting, nobody mentions camera adjustments lost from the Solo app with ver. 5.0. He provides a link to the upgrade (downgrade in my case) but how do I get rid of ver. 5 first? Sorry I'm a newbie at this.

Download the update (downgrade in your case) unzip in to a single file, called "update" place this on the sd card ( the update file unzipped) then put it in the GoPro. Turn the GoPro on it will then say "updating" the lights will flask and the GoPro will update ( downgrade) it will turn off a couple of times do not touch it until until it turns back on by its self. Whole thing takes about 3-5 minutes I think.

When it turns back on it will have the v3.00 on the screen.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, can anyone else comment on GoPro adjustment options lost on the Solo app with version 5.0 that would be replaced by going down to version 3.0?

You lose liner but you gain the auto turn on (auto record on the GoPro)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firmware 5.0 has a linear mode, it give a linear view in stead of curved.

I've tried to use 5.0 but it is unusable. If it works you're ok, but sometimes I have no live view and my camera freezes when starting and stopping.
I'm going to downgrade

Is it correct that the GoPro 4 Silver and Black share the same firmware?

I get a frozen picture when I swap out solo batteries but that's about it. It always goes away. Sometimes I also lose live view but never attributed that to being in version 5

What do you lose by going from version 4 to 3? I am thinking of going back to 3 because of the zoom effect on my live feed when recording 2.7 or 4K

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc