Using Phantom 2 Vision ESC with Pixhawk

Reaction score
Because I am trying to utilize the components of those two bundles to build my quad.

Rather not have to buy a whole new set of motors and ESCs.

But i cant find much info on the ESCs, and how to make them work with the Pixhawk. The ESCs have more than the 3 pins, they have 4.

Hi

look here.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showatt.php?attachmentid=7266724
and here
http://www.xtremehobbiesgt.com/uploads/4/2/5/5/42557015/s306286816694697032_p101_i2_w800.jpeg

the mcu looks like silabs, so those 4 pads are probably C2 protocol (or whatever it's called)
That 4-pin "signal" connector bothers me tho. The old ESCs used only two wires, which were soldered directly, so one SIG, other one GND. Maybe the other two, in this esc, are for the LEDs under the arm. It should be easy to figure that out with a multimeter.
It looks like a normal blheli (?) ESC, and should work, I dont think DJI were reinventing the wheel here.

so, basically, looking from the edge of the board towards the middle, the pinout on that conenctor SHOULD be:
1 - Orange = 1kHz
2 - Brown = Ground
3 - Orange = Motor control from Flight Controller, 400Hz
4 - Orange = Motor control from Flight Controller, 400Hz

see here
Photo by Ronald Alexander

so, pins 3 and 4 are signal wire, are already bridged together.
Pin 1, 1khz wire is for the LED control, doubt that pixhawk can do that on it's own :)

If you want, you can probably whip up an arduino controller for the LEDs, acconrding to the telemetry or something

10% = Off
20% = Red
30% = Green
40% = Yellow/Orange (Red + Green)
50% = Off
60% = LEDs go along with motor signal, i.e. the front LEDs flashing with start up sound (Motor on = LED on, Motor off = LED off)
70% = Off
80% = Off
90% = Off
100% = Off

oh, yes.. give credit, where credit is due. I found this information here:
WIP Phantom 2 PCBs, Schematics and Info

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member