Upgrade to ArduCopter 3.3?

Reaction score
So I connected to my Solo through Mission Planner to test the motors one by one (more on that later), and the first thing it does on connection is check if a newer version of the ArduCopter firmware is available, which it is. 3.3 just came out within the past week or so. Has anyone updated? I put it on my little 250 and it seems to be fine, but considering the Solo has a "Pixhawk 2", whatever that means, I'm hesitant to mess with it.

Back to the motor testing... how does one go about testing one motor at a time? On my 250, I can arm it and then the motor test buttons will spin up one motor at a time, but with the Solo, when I arm it, they all spin up. I'm looking to do the laser-pointer-bounced-from-mirror trick to test each motor/prop for balance.

No need to arm. Just click on each motor in the Motor Test menu as needed - the motors each have a button and correspond to Solo's motors in a clockwise fashion. A quick test will tell you which one is which.

You can set % throttle and duration. It defaulted to 4% throttle to start. I set this to 50%.

Reactions: RichWest
Whenever I click the buttons, all the Solo does is make a bunch of beeps and blinks it's lights - the motors don't turn at all.

Whenever I click the buttons, all the Solo does is make a bunch of beeps and blinks it's lights - the motors don't turn at all.
You need to set the % of throttle it applies...5% is just going to chirp...Go to at least 50% to see some action...without props...

Last edited:
Reactions: Earldgrayjr
You need to set the % of throttle it applies...5% is just going to chirp...Go to at least 50% to see some action...without props...
And no. Don't upgrade. The Pizhawk version and Linux software has to match.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40