Unable to install propeller on new solo

Reaction score
xlkgYVlh.jpg

Hi everyone! Newbie here.. I just got hold of a solo from ebay as a birthday present. However, I noticed that one of the propeller slots was already attached to something that resembles a bolt/lock/unwinged propeller.

Would like to get some help on either removing it or if I should send the unit back. Thanks!!

Whoever owned the Solo before you broke the prop and only left the hub. They can get pretty tight when the spinning prop hits the ground.
The hub just unscrews, but make sure you turn it in the right direction. The arrow on the arm shows the direction needed to TIGHTEN the prop. Will be the same as the opposite corner.

Hi..make sure u grab some rubber gloves so that you will have a strong grip from the motor and on the prop hub/nut that got stucked.. apprently the previous owner havent removed it..

I crashed my solo twiced and had exactly same situations where the whole props was peeled off from its hub...

Good luck!!

To get more grip on the motor housing a large rubber band can help. In one case I had to carefully insert a small rod through the spokes at the top of the motor to counter the torque of unscrewing a stuck hub.

Get yourself a small strap wrench to hold the motor hub. Keep it in your kit, you never know when you are going to need it.
(See example)
Redirect Notice

The previous owner crashed the Solo, he might damage the motor or ESC. Return it.

Grab the prop nut with a pair of pliers now take your strongest hand and reach over the pliers with thumb and forefingers and pinch the motor bell and twist it while holding the prop nut firm with the pliers, you should be able to twist it free with a quick snapping of the fingers make sure you are twisting in the proper direction in this case the black prop twists on counter clockwise so twist the motor counter clockwise to remove. You get better leverage this way, I'm 54 years old a mechanic with slight arthritis and have freed a bunch of stuck props nuts this way with no damage to the motor housing at all..good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc