UK Solo seller

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to posting on here but have followed the forum for a while now to get best information on Solo good or bad before I purchase. The question is really for the UK customers to see where they purchased their Solo with an idea of price and customer satisfaction. I have been in contact with Wex Photographic who in past experience have been excellent with regards to service, product and delivery but lack somewhat with loyalty offers and promotions. I have done a bit of a comparison in cost in UK and U.S. and we poor Brits pay a lot more because of tax, shipping and profit. I will attach a table I done showing basic costs rounded to nearest £/$.
image.jpg

It's due to VAT for a large part (which you'd still pay if you imported those items above from the U.S.), also the warranty is 2 years in the UK which helps, albeit I accept it doesn't take away the entire sting of the price. If you look at DJI prices versus the U.S. you'll see a similar pattern.

From past experience personally out of the current 3DR dealers, Quadcopters would be my preference: http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/3dr-solo-285-c.asp

I know they have the gimbal in on the 8th and still have some pre-order slots available for that date.

I purchased from Wex and they have been amazing. I had a solo bundle on pre order, this included the drone, backpack and gimbal.

About an hour after order I noticed the bundle had been removed as well as the backpack. I called them and at first was told because it was ordered as a bundle I HAD to wait for all parts to be in stock before it was shipped. Then the operator was kind enough to split the order so I could have my solo and batteries delivered and wait for the rest, all in all I ended up paying American prices (bundle saving) yet essentially ordered all the items seporatly!

Top notch service, one of my batteries was DOA so they sent 2 out as an apology! And for giving me the wrong information on dates Several times I was sent spare props as an apology.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Thanks for updates. I did have a play with figures and if you bought all the above list from B&H in the U.S. And added tax at 20% it left around £380 for shipping compared to UK price but that in itself can be very expensive and complicated especially if you need to return for any reason or have issues.

Reactions: Ian [P13]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc