Tutorial - how to edit the usr/bin/extSettings.conf using Juice SSH on Android

Reaction score
Been searching for this info (to use the press / short press / long press functionality on the Solo controller in Open Solo 3.0)...couldn't find it, so I thought I'd try to figure it out myself...I'm a total novice at using Juice SSH, so keep that in mind.

1) Download Juice SSH:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonelli.juicessh&rdid=com.sonelli.juicessh

2) Locate the extSettings.conf file on your phone...I used Astro File Manager, using the option to "show hidden files"...and even after that, couldn't find the file.

OK...this is where I got stuck...I'm not even sure if the file is on my phone, or located inside the Solo, or what...

Thanks...

--

Bill

It is located in the filesystem of the Controller

Thanks for that Bruce...

So...

:)

How does a person access that file? Are you talking about editing the firmware before it's loaded into the controller? Or somehow using Juice SSH to "open" the controller filesystem via a wifi connection between the phone and the controller?

Much appreciated.

--

Bill

Thanks for that Bruce...

So...

:)

How does a person access that file? Are you talking about editing the firmware before it's loaded into the controller? Or somehow using Juice SSH to "open" the controller filesystem via a wifi connection between the phone and the controller?

Much appreciated.

--

Bill

I think maybe you should do more reading on linux filesystems and the proper use of SSH before you go any further.

I've said it before and will repeat it here. I will not enable someone who lacks proper knowledge by giving them instructions as it inevitably ends with tears or me getting blamed.

Please, educate yourself a bit then come back with any questions you have at that point.

See you soon.

OK, downloaded Linux, installed it on an old pc (keeps asking for my credit card number, I dunno why, besteverlinuxfreesoftwareware.ru didn't mention it would ask for it at all). I also wiped my solo to get rid of any files that may be messy (I did this quickly by sticking it in the microwave for 30 seconds), now what do I do just_bruce???

Reactions: XevetS and Wetstone
In all fairness, if you do a factory reset with a good golden image (regardless of whether it's stock or open solo), will that restore all the files on the drone, or are there any separate files which need to be "good" and in place before a restore takes place? I only ask because on one of the original green cube installations (before open solo), I had botched it up (all skill ya know) and various people wanted to look at the logs and files on the drone to investigate the problem. I also remember their being separate python files that had to be copied across before the upgrade. So lets just SAY I had wiped the drone by dicking about with files (which I haven't), would a factory reset fix everything, or are their other things to be taken into consideration?

I think maybe you should do more reading on linux filesystems and the proper use of SSH before you go any further.

I've said it before and will repeat it here. I will not enable someone who lacks proper knowledge by giving them instructions as it inevitably ends with tears or me getting blamed.

Please, educate yourself a bit then come back with any questions you have at that point.

See you soon.
First you'll need a big ole bag of beef brisket. Then a big ole bottle of Bunnahabhain. Then bring them to me and I'll tell you what to do next....

Whiskey and Beef? That's your weakness........ man... I'm not that impressed, I mean I was expec...... OH SWEET JAYSUS... $989 a bottle????

Bruce,

I wouldn't want that responsibility either, so I get where you are coming from, but on the other hand, lots of folks give gizmo advice with the advisory message of something like "this might brick your gizmo, use at your own risk."

Or...we can just wait for Solex to include the option to change the press / short press / long press option.

And that's OK too.

--

Bill

I guess what I'm getting at is that I want people to do some learning and acquire the *necessary* knowledge before jumping in. I see posting information without that prerequisite as irresponsible and just won't do it.

I did give out the two areas one needs knowledge of to proceed manually. So I'm not a COMPLETE monster [despite what @IrishmanPDX has been thinking....]

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Using the 'winscp' program is easy. Download winscp from the internet. Then connect 3dr solo to p.c. Run winscp And enter The remote controller IP is 10.1.1.10, Usename is root, Password is TjSDBkAu and port is 22. Next, find the file. I am Korean. Standard time is set to +9 but timeoffset is 0. The time is displayed normally. You also want to change none to 0.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea