turning problem in tower app

Reaction score
Hey all, I've got a problem with what I can describe as a "turning style" issue I think within the Tower app. I'm not using a solo, it's a Pixhawk in a TBS Disco but it seems most of the info and questions on Tower seem to be in this thread.

I use this copter for mapping and when I go into tower and select spline>survey and set up a mission the aircraft does something similar to a "hockey stop". As it approaches a waypoint it will start turning to face the next waypoint anywhere from 50-100 feet before it gets to the WP. Once it gets there, it will stop and head off for that WP. It does this at every one. At times it almost seems confused and a couple times it has done a complete 360 before "finding itself" and heading off to next WP. I do not recall this happening in Mission Planner. I have scoured the app lookiing fr some setting for turning styles but came up empty.

Any ideas??? Sorry if this is in the wrong location!

never used splines in a survey
I use spline way points in a mission to smooth out the turns
But in a survey I would think sharp corners are prefered

Sorry, I should be more specific. I was not using "spline survey", I was using survey under the spline menu.. it just starts with the squiggly line for spline. This method alolows you to just draw a box and have the app set the WP's.

Have you tried survey instead of splne survery?
thats what I'm using. I think you have to get to survey by clicking spline (squiggly line) first. then change from "waypoint" to "survery".

here is what I'm doing...

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 17
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 16
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 15
i am having this issue, i am guessing there is parameter that you can set that tells the solo to ease in and out the corners instead of hard banking. i dont want to slow the speed down to much because i have long straight runs but the corners it gets a bit crazy and looks a bit out of control.
is there a parameter that tells it to slow and keep balance in the corners?

ease in and ease out moves are quite complex. was amazed at how much of it I found native in Solo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea