Troubleshooting Live Feed Issue

Reaction score
I have purchased a new gimbal post crash. I installed it today. It works with the exception of the live feed to the app. I can still control the camera I just have no output feed.

I removed the gimbal double checked all connections. No luck. I removed the gimbal and plugged my go pro directly into the hdmi port coming off the solo. Still no feed. I should have a feed in this situation correct?

So it is either my gopro port or the hdmi cable on the solo (or farther back).
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I have purchased a new gimbal post crash. I installed it today. It works with the exception of the live fed to the app. I can still control the camera I just have no output feed.

I removed the gimbal double checked all connections. No luck. I removed the gimbal and plugged my go pro directly into the hdmi port coming off the solo. Still no feed. I should have a feed in this situation correct?

So it is either my gopro port or the hdmi cable on the solo (or father back).
Any suggestions?
I think you have the right idea and yes you should have a feed when the GP is directly connected to the HDMI cable. Check your GP HDMI port first or borrow another to test. Then check your HDMI connection off the main board. There are a few posts and a video or two showing how to access this hdmi port.

If you are going in that deep, may want to source a replacement HDMI cable to have on hand. Current UAS offers the stock cable. There may also be members here that may have an extra they would be willing to spare.

Yea you should test the Go Pro first on your tv! If it's the one that crashed especially. If it works connected to your tv then get into the Solo.

I have purchased a new gimbal post crash. I installed it today. It works with the exception of the live feed to the app. I can still control the camera I just have no output feed.

So it is either my gopro port or the hdmi cable on the solo (or farther back).
Any suggestions?
Did you ever get the video feed working?

I think you have the right idea and yes you should have a feed when the GP is directly connected to the HDMI cable. Check your GP HDMI port first or borrow another to test. Then check your HDMI connection off the main board. There are a few posts and a video or two showing how to access this hdmi port.

If you are going in that deep, may want to source a replacement HDMI cable to have on hand. Current UAS offers the stock cable. There may also be members here that may have an extra they would be willing to spare.
Should I have live feed or is that only possiblewith a gimbal as well?

You should have live feed with standard gimble and upgraded gimble as well

ahh I dont have live feed with the static gimbal. I have hero 3+ black and the HDMI is connected. Any ideas why I don't have any live feed?

Is this a new camera or has is worked before and is your app connecting properly

The gopro is not new, although I've never used the HDMI port before. I think my app is connecting properly......

Hi their so here's a few things to try first make sure the GoPro is updated to 3.03 ,secondly the solo drone needs the latest firmware and you can just go into settings for that and check for updates thirdly you can connect your GoPro camera threw the micro hdmi port to the hdmi port on your tv to see if you have a signal coming from your go pro ,after these steps have been performed and you get video to your tv from GoPro,it could be a bad hdmi or disconnected cable in the drone and if you don't get any video from the GoPro to tv well you guessed it ,GoPro issues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela