Transferring data from sd card to portable hard drive with min pc instead of laptop.

Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Can anyone please give me some direction if I can use this mini pc to transfer data from gopro micro card via my tablet to an external HD.

Wholesale Windows 10 Mini PC - APL100 Vbox From China

I don’t want to lug a laptop around when traveling.

I have a portable ravpower filehub which does sd card to HD wireless data transfer which is a bit slow. so I wondering will this mini pc work if I use my tablet as the screen and keyboard or app. Any ideas?

I'd think with a USB OTG adapter and a power supply for the external HDD, you could simply transfer files by sticking the SDcard into the tablet and dragging files to the USB mass storage

i have tried you cannot copy/backup directly to an external hd. to internal memory yes.

I think that a mini pc which gives you android 5 or windows 10, you can switch between. if I install VNC viewer on my tablet and mini pc with android op system will give me direct access two both. then use the ravepower as a portable hub between all three.
So ideally you use your tablet as the PC screen and keyboard and the mini pc has the HD/cards attached to transfer data and backup video files. this should be faster. That should work….should.
I have 6 "gopro/sport" cams and 4 large cams which i want to use on a shoot while traveling. the large Pro cams copy/backup data directly to the HD no problm. the issue is solo gopro data.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea