Tower--won't hold camera position and other strange behavior

Reaction score
anyone seen either of these two when flying a mission in Tower?

1--during the flight the camera position will reset to default position (facing straight ahead level).

2--when transitioning to a new waypoint, Solo continues to point in the same direction as the last leg. When reaching the next waypoint, Solo correctly points towards the end wp.

These two things happen in the same mission and appear to be related.

Not sure if this happened prior to the latest FW update over the weekend, but I don't think so.

Have you tried creating a new flight plan and seeing if it happens again. That sounds like some bad waypoints.

I have seen this same behavior (both situations) in three separate flight plans.

I did not repeat a flight plan twice to see if it happens each time.

Note that I used Tower Beta and Tower seeing the same thing

I'm not using tower but I'm seeing a similar thing in selfie. Camera points ahead or straight down on execution of shots. Was deaf not doing this before the last FW update. I smell a bug!

any Tower users out there?

have you seen the problem where Solo goes into LOITER when it reconnects with the controller?

have you seen the problem where the camera points back to 0 degrees if the connection is lost?

That never happened before 2.4, it would always continue in AUTO once it reconnects.

Seems I read somewhere there is an issue with solo and tower right now not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Jason S confirmed that it is known and there is a fix for it just before he left 3DR like 2 weeks or so ago. Not sure on implementation though.

Reactions: pyrate
UPDATE.

The newest Solo FW (2.4.1-6) seems to fix the issues when using Tower.

Fixed: No longer does the Solo go into Loiter when regaining connection to the controller.

Fixed: No longer does the camera angle reset when the connection to the controller is lost.

Unknown: I haven't tested enough to know whether the yaw angle is still a problem (with 2.4.0 sometimes the Solo doesn't point in the direction of travel for a leg of a mission, it points in the direction of the last leg).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc