Tower type app for IOS?

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app that works like the anroid tower app, but is for apple IOS platform?

Yes, Its called Mission Planner. Unfortunately there is no mobile version so you would need to take a laptop with MP loaded on it to your flying location so you could upload and execute the mission.

I ended up buying a Google Nexus 7 (2013 version) on Amazon for $129 to run Tower. There are other issues with trying to use MP in the field but I can't think what they are right now. (I haven't used either one yet)

Lots of info on Mission Planner on the net if you Google it. Also lots of youtube videos. Mission Planner does have a useful tool for use at home and that is the ability to connect to Solo and run your motors individually. Good for motor balancing.

Welcome to the Forum, Jeff!

Yes, Its called Mission Planner. Unfortunately there is no mobile version so you would need to take a laptop with MP loaded on it to your flying location so you could upload and execute the mission.

I ended up buying a Google Nexus 7 (2013 version) on Amazon for $129 to run Tower. There are other issues with trying to use MP in the field but I can't think what they are right now. (I haven't used either one yet)

Lots of info on Mission Planner on the net if you Google it. Also lots of youtube videos. Mission Planner does have a useful tool for use at home and that is the ability to connect to Solo and run your motors individually. Good for motor balancing.

Welcome to the Forum, Jeff!
Thank you for the rapid response and the welcome to the forum. I would like to know if I can get Mission Planner on an Ipad Mini or does that count as a mobile app?

Thank you for the rapid response and the welcome to the forum. I would like to know if I can get Mission Planner on an Ipad Mini or does that count as a mobile app?
No. But you can expect that those features will *eventually* come to iOS. Personally I use the Solo App on the iPad mini for the live feed while simultaneously using Tower on a cheap Android device. Yes you can use both at the same time.

N
I see the price went up $3.00. It only has 3 reviews- all bad.
Is it comparable with Tower or MP?
No. But maybe they will get there someday. Let's hope so because the more options the better.

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc