Tower Survey Missions

Reaction score
I'm wondering how to change the flight path for Tower survey missions. I have done a number of missions and the flight path always runs North/South. I have a long rectangular section (E/W) and would like to run in this direction. I have my maps Cached on my tablet if that makes a difference. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks,

I'm wondering how to change the flight path for Tower survey missions. I have done a number of missions and the flight path always runs North/South. I have a long rectangular section (E/W) and would like to run in this direction. I have my maps Cached on my tablet if that makes a difference. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks,
Not sure what you mean, but have tried adjusting the hatch angle? You should be able to rotate the path?

Not sure what you mean, but have tried adjusting the hatch angle? You should be able to rotate the path?
Jubair, Thanks, this is what i'm looking for. Can't believe I overlooked Hatch Angle right on top of the menu. I have been testing altitude and photo overlap with GoPro lens and looked right over Hatch Angle. I am experimenting with different altitudes and stiching software for simple survey plots. Thanks!

For best results, fly two missions in perpendicular directions.

For best results, fly two missions in perpendicular directions.
In my experience you have to balance time it takes to process the data. If you have a good overlap and sidelap (both between 60 to 80% - depending on which software im using) then its fine. Doing both directions will result in twice the data and reducing the overlap or sidelap is not recommended as you want a good number of matching points.

A large set of playing fields results in about 120 images, so going both ways will be 240 images. The 120 images takes an hour or two in Pix4d, and similar amounts on the online providers, ODM takes far longer (like 4 to 5 hours). I would want to be doing 240 images in ODM as i dont think it excludes images on the geo reference, so it might be 12+ hours. Pix4d is smarter and realises the two images are 250m apart so no matching required.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jubalr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421