Tower question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
When using solo in the tower app when you create a mission with several waypoints and upload it to solo does the gps lock onto all of the waypoint coordinates before you take off. Or does it find each point once it is in the air.

Reactions: MachWun
Thanks for the reply. So if all coordinates are loaded and if solo lost gps momentarily in the mission would it continue flying the mission or crash.

Thanks for the reply. So if all coordinates are loaded and if solo lost gps momentarily in the mission would it continue flying the mission or crash.
Anytime Solo loses GPS, it will go into manual mode. And without GPS it can not find waypoints anyway so of course it can't continue a mission. Very rare to lose GPS though once in the air and away from obstacles.

Thanks very much for the input that answers my questions. I have flown 3 missions with tower and solo so far and have worked very well. Thanks again very much appreciated.

Losing connection with the controller is not the same as losing GPS. You can lose connection with the controller and have it continue the mission instead of RTH. You obviously can't do that if you lose GPS though, since it won't know how to get to the next waypoint without a decent GPS lock as mentioned.

So if you're flying in tower with RTH disabled and out of wifi range or controller range and happened to lose GPS at one point you would not be able to do anything to avoid a crash assuming you that you didn't have connection of either wifi or gps

Which is why it's disabled by default and you have to do some work to change it. There are a LOT of things/behaviors you can change that will totally alter the solo. There are hundreds of parameters. 3DR has it set for the safest flight settings for the majority of users.

Yes for sure.I have flown it both ways with RTH enabled and disabled works awesome so far but I am in a wide open area with good GPS. I am very impressed what the solo can do now. Can't wait for future improvements

So if you're flying in tower with RTH disabled and out of wifi range or controller range and happened to lose GPS at one point you would not be able to do anything to avoid a crash assuming you that you didn't have connection of either wifi or gps
If all that happens, Solo will land where it is at. Hopefully it's not over a lake or the ocean!:eek:

That is interesting didn't realize that it would land if lost both connections. Thought it would just go goofey and crash. So if you were in a open location it would probably be ok but 9 times out of10 might not end up so good. But at least it would land.

Thanks Steve for the parameter page very interesting way more than I thought looks scary

That is interesting didn't realize that it would land if lost both connections. Thought it would just go goofey and crash. So if you were in a open location it would probably be ok but 9 times out of10 might not end up so good. But at least it would land.
Yep- but it's very rare to lose GPS. Much more common to lose the wifi connection between Solo and the controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc