Tower Problems

well this is very weird, just turned on the Solo and di absolutely nothing and vibration and noise are now gone. The problem with the gopro freezing continues, any guess as to what could be happening with the gopro?

Any guys with tower and Gopro hero black 4 that could confirm if they can go back and forth between video and camera on tower without the gopro freezing? what micro sd card are you using? I am using a Scan Disk Extreme Pro 64GB U3 which is supposed to be one of the best ones, don't know if this could have something to do with the freezing?

thank You

wao, 316 views and only one person could help with this issue? could somebody help me out trying to figure out what could be happening to the gopro?

thank You

@JLJ ; I have seen issues of the GP freezing that were only fixed by returning to GP. But I would first at least trying a factory reset to see if that would help.

I have the GP4 black and I just ran a test on Tower and could switch back and forth between camera/video without a problem. I started in video, switched to camera, back to video and recorded a short video, then back to camera and took a couple pics then back to video again. I did this several times. I then went into the Solo app and did the same routine back and forth in the Solo app between camera/video. Again, no issues in either app with switching.

Reactions: J R
Thank You very much for the help Jubalr

Regards

@JLJ ; I have seen issues of the GP freezing that were only fixed by returning to GP. But I would first at least trying a factory reset to see if that would help.

I have the GP4 black and I just ran a test on Tower and could switch back and forth between camera/video without a problem. I started in video, switched to camera, back to video and recorded a short video, then back to camera and took a couple pics then back to video again. I did this several times. I then went into the Solo app and did the same routine back and forth in the Solo app between camera/video. Again, no issues in either app with switching.

What sd card do you have? I might buy the same one and try again, could that be the problem?

Thank You

What sd card do you have? I might buy the same one and try again, could that be the problem?

Thank You
No, I don't think it's the card. You can verify by removing the card as it is not needed for the live video out. I just took my card out and powered everything up and I'm still able to switch back and forth with live feed. But the card I use is a 64gb Samsung EVO.

Here's something I just found out, with the sd card installed, when I switch from video to still pictures (while using tower) the camera will switch to pictures and automatically take a picture, if I continue taking pictures it will take them but as soon as I switch to video it will freeze and send a black screen.

I took the sd card out and I can now switch back and forth between pictures and video without problems but of course it is not taking pictures cause there is no SD card.

Any Guess? this is really weird.

No, I don't think it's the card. You can verify by removing the card as it is not needed for the live video out. I just took my card out and powered everything up and I'm still able to switch back and forth with live feed. But the card I use is a 64gb Samsung EVO.

Sounds exactly like it's your SD card. Do you have another SD card to try? How long do you wait after taking a photo before switching? Can you take a photo and then wait 30 or 40 seconds before switching back to video?

Troiano. You nailed it. I took a few photos and waited a minute and switched to video and ot worked perfectly, did it 2-3 times and it was ok. The weird part is that I went back to pictures, took a few again and switched back inmediately and this time it worked, did not freeze.

Sounds exactly like it's your SD card. Do you have another SD card to try? How long do you wait after taking a photo before switching? Can you take a photo and then wait 30 or 40 seconds before switching back to video?

You mentioned what sd card you had earlier, but I can't remember. What are the specs? I run class 10 with 80/50mb read/write speeds. Need the highest write speed you can get. I only run protune flat for my video, which is a lot of info to write.

if it is pointing ahead at 0 degrees and it is inside or on an angle (the drone itself) it sometimes does that, try chnging the gimbal angel to aroun 40 and does it still do that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc