Tower Crash

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a solo crash using the tower app. The mission was set to fly at 20m however solo took off to 80m then proceeded to waypoint 1 decending to 20 m. I assumed the hill was 10m solo flew directly into the side of it and crashed. I just pulled the altitude in google earth of the take off location and crash point and it is 11m high hill. The solo should not have crashed to begin with. I recovered solo and it had 2 broken propellers and the front black plastic piece broke off and i couldnt find it. Note when I was recovering in tower was stll telling me solos battery life but by the time I got to it the link was gone and the power was off.

After I recovered it I attempted to start it up and test it out with the props removed to see if it still works. The battery would power on and immediately power off so I put in my backup battery and it had the same issue. I have removed the top plastic piece from the drone to check the power wiring under the batteries and I dont see any damage other than the battery prong seems a little loose.

Does anyone have any idea what parts I should order to repair it?

Thanks.

Last edited:
You very likely have one or more bad motor pods. When you turn it on, look and listen for a motor that moves and/or clicks. If you see one, remove it. There are tutorials here. Repeat until it starts. You will have to call 3dr to get new motors, although I think a few shops are repairing them now.

Update: It appears the motor pods are for sale on the 3DR site now...

Last edited:
Most likley your motors got pinned and overheated but I can't say for sure. I know it doesn't take long to burn up a brushless motor if it's pinned it heats up fast. It's proly a protection of some kind with power on then off. I'm sure your logs could probably provide some useful info if you want to post them and see what guys here can make of em. Hope it's not too expensive maybe try 3dr support see what they say maybe they'll cover it who knows. Good luck to ya

That was correct I had a bad motor. I removed the motor and it powered up just fine. The only issue I have now is I don't have any GPS satalites. Would I lose GPS because I had a motor removed or because there's something else going on?

That was correct I had a bad motor. I removed the motor and it powered up just fine. The only issue I have now is I don't have any GPS satalites. Would I lose GPS because I had a motor removed or because there's something else going on?
It would be something else. Are you checking for GPS outside in open space?

Make sure your GPS connection is still good. Since its in that "top piece" you removed something could be messed up there. I would pop it back off and inspect cable and connection.

So it turns out the cable connection was lose. I just had to plug it back in properly. Thanks a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc