Tower Application

Reaction score
Question: Has anyone used the Tower app. to perform a survey operation from start to finish. If so I'm curious as to who in the cloud you uploaded the Tower information to for processing.
I'm considering using Tower and Solo to earn some revenue if it works out to be cost effective. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thank you..

Tower works great for this, but I prefer Mission Planner. You will need to carry a (PC) laptop with you, but it is way more powerful.
It's not like you are gonna hike in to somewhere to do a (paid) survey mission anyway!

Yes, I'm in the United States, an presently hold a FAA Part 107 certification. Since I have no real experience with Mission Planner at present. Once you create a plan and fly the plan, is there anyone you could recommend to upload the data/preameters with for processing. Or is a software program like Autodesk for example something I should look into. Thanks,

Pix4D is a software package you can purchase and download to run on your PC. It has a free trial period. Drone Deploy is SaaS entirely online. They have a free tier for hobby use, but it just makes maps you can look at online, nothing advanced. The paid tiers have all the services. Both are very powerful and both are very expensive so be ready. There's probably a few others, but I couldn't name them.

The GoPro doesn't geotag the images. Any of the mapping software will require geotagged images to function properly. So you need to use something like Geosetter to tag the images. You feed it the images downloaded from the GoPro and the dataflash log downloaded from the solo, and it spits out tagged images. Mission Planner can also Geotag images, which is what I've used. But geosetter apparently does a better job.,

Reactions: andrew.baker.142
( P2P ) :)Thank you very much for your insight, it was very informative. I'm going to be checking out the Pix4D software and Geosetter. If you don't mind there maybe a few more questions once I checkout the above products if you would not mind. Thanks again

I've started using Tower on my laptop so I can create a really detailed mission then upload to the tablet. So far looks promising..

Used BlueStacks on a touch screen Surface Pro so I didn't have to map any keys..

New at using "TOWER" - Seems like I read that once a mission is uploaded to SOLO & flown - You need to un-arm / before flying again - or/else SOLO (on next flight - probably from a different location) will fly back to mission originally loaded. - Question: How is this done? (i.e.- getting SOLO "CLEARED" ).

How long (Life Span - Hrs.) for : SOLO Batteries & Motor on Solo ?

It will not try to fly to the start of a mission unless you switch it to auto mode. You clear a flight plan by uploading a blank flight plan.

It will not try to fly to the start of a mission unless you switch it to auto mode. You clear a flight plan by uploading a blank flight plan.
What / How is a BLANK Flight mission? Thanks for your help, Paddles! Been reading a lot of your comments / really learning from you !

What / How is a BLANK Flight mission? Thanks for your help, Paddles! Been reading a lot of your comments / really learning from you !
Also , do you need to unload orig.mission before uploading BLANK MISSION ?

There is no such thing as unload. Just open the flight plan screen with no waypoints or anything on it and upload it. It effectively erases the old plan and replaces it with nothing.

Also , do you need to unload orig.mission before uploading BLANK MISSION ?
Thank for the Info. - Good to know before trying "TOWER" - Another Question: What do you think about "Mission Planner"? In your opinion, Is Mission Planner better & easier to use? Seems like 3dr is getting behind the TOWER APP. !

There is no such thing as unload. Just open the flight plan screen with no waypoints or anything on it and upload it. It effectively erases the old plan and replaces it with nothing.
TOWER: Need help / PROCEDURE on "SAVING A MISSION". Flew misson successfully - Rebooted tablet and I think I lost mission - Had to redo!

Well the save mission item in the menu is the one that does that :)

You can also select DOWNLOAD and it will download the mission from the Solo presuming you never erased it.

Reactions: speatuk
Thank for the Info. - Good to know before trying "TOWER" - Another Question: What do you think about "Mission Planner"? In your opinion, Is Mission Planner better & easier to use? Seems like 3dr is getting behind the TOWER APP. !

Mission Planner is more powerful than Tower, and therefore can be a little more difficult to use. You also need to have a laptop with you, and Tower only needs an Android tablet.
I use MP exclusively when I need that functionality, but I'm excited to download the optional Mission capabilities of Solex. Hearing good things!

Reactions: speatuk
Mission Planner is more powerful than Tower, and therefore can be a little more difficult to use. You also need to have a laptop with you, and Tower only needs an Android tablet.
I use MP exclusively when I need that functionality, but I'm excited to download the optional Mission capabilities of Solex. Hearing good things!
P2P: Thanks for Info.! Really Helped!

andrew.baker.142 :Thanks for Info. - Really HelpedL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo